• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Silencer and b204's Baseball bet thread.

Started by browning204, April 03, 2009, 08:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Silencer

I'm a Yankee fan, I gotta take it.  Just look at them RedSux, they win a couple series in 100 some years and now they're baseball legends...   :roflmao:

HaMeR

:roflmao:  A dynasty!!!!  :roflmao: :roflmao:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Silencer

some changes to the AL East this morning  :innocentwhistle:

Team     W       L    PCT  GB
Toronto   4        1   .800 -
Baltimore  3       1   .750 0.5
NY Yankees 2    2   .500 1.5
Tampa Bay 2     2   .500 1.5
Boston     1     3 .250  2.5

Coulter

Ouch it's hard tio help out with the Spankmee razzing when that shows up B204...Perhaps this will help out a little...

TEAM     W     L     %     GB
Texas    3    1    .750    -
Seattle    3    2    .600    0.5
Los Angeles    2    2    .500    1.0
Oakland    2    2    .500    1.0

I know its a different division...but I have to gloat a little while I can :biggrin:

pitw

Quote from: Silencer on April 11, 2009, 06:57:17 AM

Not knowing much about sports and all I was wondering where that team on top there is from? :shrug:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Silencer

Not sure Barry but I'd love to visit their ballpark some day, its very beautiful  :eyebrow:

pitw

Quote from: Silencer on April 11, 2009, 03:22:30 PM
Not sure Barry but I'd love to visit their ballpark some day, its very beautiful  :eyebrow:

Well if I ever win tickets to a game there you can have them as I'll never step into that cesspool of humanity as I'd be a mite fearful of getting some on me. :pout:

LORDDAL

Ok silencer I will give you that the Yanks got some great fans but noone has style like the Pirates man

well at least they had style in 72
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

browning204

Quote from: pitw on April 11, 2009, 03:13:06 PM
Quote from: Silencer on April 11, 2009, 06:57:17 AM

yaya, it is the first week. give them time.
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

Coulter

:innocentwhistle: :innocentwhistle: :innocentwhistle: :innocentwhistle: :innocentwhistle: :innocentwhistle: :innocentwhistle: :innocentwhistle: :innocentwhistle: :innocentwhistle: :innocentwhistle: :innocentwhistle: :innocentwhistle: :innocentwhistle:
TEAM     W     L     %     GB
Seattle    4    2    .667    -
Texas    3    2    .600    0.5
Los Angeles    2    3    .400    1.5
Oakland    2    3    .400    1.5

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Silencer

B204, that was one hellova game ya had yesterday.  Couldnt watch the Yankme bp cuz I wanted to see the end of your game  :laf:

Steve, I'd seen that they beat the A's again  :congrats:

nastygunz

Ive always been a Yankees fan since I was a kid...which is odd as I grew up in VT...but I think it was from reading about Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig and such....mighty impressive fellas to a young lad...my other BB heroes are Joe Dimaggio and Ted Williams....I remember listening to the older men folk talk about them like they wuz gods....GO YANKEES  :yoyo:

nastygunz

A bit off topic but still baseball....part of my job is that I do assessments of veterans for the VA...I went n saw this old fella who was a marine in WW2...face was all blown to hell and such, looked like he was missing a cheekbone....had a big old usmc tattoo on his arm all faded..a bulldog with semper fi under it....I said to myself I bet he was a tough old SOB in his day....anyways we got to talking about the service and I had my Yankees ballcap on and he went off about the old time players and todays players...then he proudly showed me a framed jersey in his living room...of Cal Ripken, jr,....said he was some player and his other favorite modern player was Pete Rose!...cant say as I disagree with the gentlemen  :yoyo: :biggrin: :bowingsmilie:

Silencer

that's one player I'd love to meet, Cal Jr.  I've been to Camden Yards a few times but only got a Yankee autograph there.  Ron Villone no less, I dont think he even plays for anyone now ???    Also got Shelly Duncan's but that was at a minors game. 

Coulter

QuoteSteve, I'd seen that they beat the A's again

Yup and today..Texas lost as well :yoyo: :yoyo:

Silencer

After the last couple games I should let this thread fall into the gaps....

Coulter

You know we won't let that happen Vic...I got your back man :eyebrow:

:hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: TEAM W L % GB
                                      Toronto 6 2 .750 -
                                       Baltimore 5 2 .714 0.5
                                      Tampa Bay 4 3 .571 1.5
                                       New York 3 4 .429 2.5
                                       Boston 2 5 .286 3.5

Hey B204...what the heck man :confused:

pitw

Yep you gotta love when the Yankees best pitcher comes from the field. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

browning204

Sox are playing terrible that is for sure. Toronto Always craps out as does Baltimore. It will be a Sox/Yankee show down before long.
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!