• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Tornado this weekend

Started by Yotehntr, April 11, 2009, 08:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yotehntr

Well I've had a stressful weekend. I had taken a long weekend to do some hunting and call making to catch up on some orders.

My wife has been taking care of her grandfather for several months now, he's been in very poor health. (I'm very proud of her, she did the same with her other grandfather, and her mother) I got up late for my hunting ...fortunately...because the phone rang early, her grandfather had passed away at about 6:30. We went to Manchester to be with her family and help all we could. Friday before we left a friend called and said a Tornado was spotted in our area...take cover. We got a little hail and the power went out. We left a little early, wanted to stop at the P.O. and on the way, as we got near my folks neighborhood we started to see damage., Major damage. Thought we should go by and make sure Mom and Dad were ok. Had a rough time making it there. Several detours and it looked like a bomb had gone off in my old stomping ground. Mom and Dad are ok, but had hunkered down in their bathroom listening to parts of neighbor's houses pelt their house.  Got in their house and couldn't find them. They were walking around the neighborhood in the pouring rain trying to help their neighbors. (in their mid 70's)  Well I carried them home and went to the visitation. When we got home we still didn't have power, got it back this afternoon. After the funeral we borrowed a generator and got mom and dad's house juiced up, our power was back up too.  Please keep my wife in your prayers as she goes through this time of mourning. Thank you all!   Brad

These pics are from a few hundred yards down the street from Mom and Dads house.  This is just a tiny sampling of what we have seen.

Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

Todd Rahm

Will do Brad. Sounds like you for sure had a testful few days.

Todd

KySongDog

Wow!  Glad no one got hurt in that storm.  :shck:

My condolences to you and your wife on the passing of her grandfather.  Prayers sent.  

pitw

You and your family have our thoughts for sure.  I can't imagine that kind of damage.
I say what I think not think what I say.

alscalls

Prayers sent buddy.......glad you and your folks are OK.
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

HaMeR

I don't know what to say other than the Prayers are coming from all of us to all of you Brad.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

LORDDAL

we will keep you all in our prayers as well and Condolences to you and your wife and family
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

FinsnFur

I'm always amazed at how these storms can single out certain structures, of lesser durability and within spitting distance, and leave them untouched. Like that little red yard barn. :huh:

I'm glad everyone's OK.
Sending prayers for your wife also. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Silencer

Glad you're all well, thoughts and prayers sent.  Sorry for your wife's grandfathers loss. 

Bills Custom Calls

Thoughts and prayers from here

And to think Tornado season is just starting

Looks like she came in with one hell of a punch  :shck:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

weedwalker

Brad,
We'll keep her in our thoughts and prayers.
Fortunately none of your family were injured in the storm.
My boss lives in Manchester also. I haven't been able to get a hold of him either.

Ed

Yotehntr

Thank you all! My folks called this morning and they got their power back!!! Happy Easter to you all!

Brad

iahntr

Glad to hear your folks house made it through,
and more importantly everybody's OK.
You all take care.
Scott
Scott

Yotehntr

Thanks guys!  Emily my youngest I tried to go around a little to help folks out but it's pretty much down to heavy machinery now. My dads neighbor hollered and asked if I minded climbing a ladder, he had 2 holes in his roof. Tried to see what did it but one was about 6" diameter. Both went threw the decking with nothing sticking out... no telling what hit it. The other was small 2"-3" but still threw the wood and all. It's supposed to storm again and he didn't want water damage. He had some spare shingles so I got them covered up. I borrowed the ladder and checked dads roof a few scraps but nothing major. Pieces of glass and insulation from who knows where. Vicky carried the generator back to her uncle and visited with her dad, her spirit seems to be up. Thank you all for your prayers,

Brad

vvarmitr

I'll be praying for your family & friends too.  :wink:

Hidehunter

Denver                                           

Hawks Feather

You & your family certainly have my prayers.  Sometimes it sure seems like there are just too many things (bad) happening at one time.  I guess we aren't supposed to know why things like this happen.

Jerry

WhiteHare

Prayers being said for your family.
WhiteHare Lanyards
Richard Hughes

www.white-hare.com
whitehare@white-hare.com

Frogman

Wow!

Brad, you and yours, hang in there!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!