• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Predator Call Collector

Started by FinsnFur, September 13, 2009, 12:34:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Rahm

Great Jim, your doing good.  :wink: Now as the admin here you might be beneficial. What I would like to see and pretend this is an email your not supposed to get and that I have "Big Connections" in the industry, but...

I would like you to start censuring any bad or harmful comments about RAHM Predator Call Collection inc. and on occasion deleting post and banning other collectors, and their field staff.  :innocentwhistle:

When its all said and done, I'll hook up with Jerry and Rich and we'll vote ya out and take over the world.  :sneer:

Bop I need a short fella with a Do-Rag and sun glasses, are ya available? I'll take some pics with ya and put you in my first predator collecting video.

Man this fun.  :roflmao:

Hawks Feather

I have checked this thread many, many, many, many times and all I can say is what I have already said.  WOW!

Jerry

O.K. so this is a "mild" bump.

alscalls

Me thinks Mr. call collector needs another fishing trip......... :eyebrownod:
The trip he is on is a little........off.......... :laf: :laf:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

LORDDAL

Quote from: Todd Rahm on September 13, 2009, 09:45:57 PM

When its all said and done, I'll hook up with Jerry and Rich and we'll vote ya out and take over the world.  :sneer:

Bop I need a short fella with a Do-Rag and sun glasses, are ya available? I'll take some pics with ya and put you in my first predator collecting video.

Man this fun.  :roflmao:
:roflmao: well I aint short but I do have to DO-Rag and Shades can I be a pro field staffer and pro retreival expert so I can be they guy who comes and gets any and all calls bought just to put on a shelf plus I make a mean Bouncer for the BI-Monthly partys can get Bop to help me keep the riff raff out  :biggrin:
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

Todd Rahm

Sure, two do-raggers has got to be better then one.................think of the fame.  :biggrin:

5 SHOTS

:sad: I wanna be important too.  :fingerx: :fingerx:

:biggrin: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

KySongDog

I'm a predator call collector noobie.  Just gettin' started and was lookin' to cut down my learnin' curve time.  Is there a FAQ sticky somewhere that I can go to and get some basic answers?   :wo:    Any DVD's out that I should take a look at?   Thanks in advance for helping a new guy, Todd.   :thumb2:

vvarmitr

Quote from: Todd Rahm on September 13, 2009, 09:45:57 PM I need a short fella with a Do-Rag and sun glasses,

Something like this?  :shrug:

:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao: :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :whew:

alscalls

Here ya go......."CANNED PRAISE"............... :biggrin:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:@ VV
AL

Todd Rahm

QuoteSomething like this? 

Hey this is my collection, but yeah like that.  :biggrin:  But, that Hansom fella has on a North Bay beenie.  :sneer:

alscalls

AL

Bopeye

Quote from: Todd Rahm on September 13, 2009, 09:45:57 PM

I "Guess" I could help you out, but I'm only short in height. The "real Guess" is short on so many different levels and in so many different ways.
:biggrin:

Put it where ya need it.  :laf:

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Gotta have a BITE ME to go with that remark.  :eyebrownod:

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Todd Rahm

Perfect........................ :congrats:

Ya took your damn time to reply though?  :innocentwhistle:

Nice Johnny Stewart PC-3 and Kee howler ya ya got there! Way to represent.  :biggrin:

Bopeye

Quote from: Todd Rahm on September 15, 2009, 11:36:22 PM

Ya took your damn time to reply though?  :innocentwhistle:

Didn't realize this was time sensitive. Please accept my humblest apologies.  :nono:  :biggrin:

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Todd Rahm

Accepted, and I'll send ya two RAHM Predator Call Collection hats to wear in your pics and a box full RAHM Predator Call Collection flyer's to stuff in any envelope ya mail out, too include utility bills and Christmas Cards.  :laugh2:

an we are rolling right along........if my calculations are correct on my PM slide ruler, my 10 staffers are now at least 75 strong. We Rock.  :sneer:

PS. No egos or reputations were harmed in the making of this RAHM Predator Call Collection infomercial.  :readthis:

frshwtr

dont know you very well though we conversed a little. you mentioned posting calls so we could say how nice they were even over and over. well my big question is DID YOU EVER BUY/RECEIVE A NOT SO (MAKE THAT READ UGLY) NICE CALL/ that way we would have something to lie about. guess you know i'm just a wanna be holding onto the bigger guys coat tails, but honest about it.

Todd Rahm

George,

This is not a serious post at all and I'm just having fun with many different issues, some not even touched on yet. This is more of a comedy hour so to speak. :biggrin: Most folks just see it and laugh cause they can relate and others just ignore it, but is all done in fun.

The fun how ever is based on stuff that does occur through out the forums and a lot of sites, some of it you probably see and some of it ya don't? But for the record since you seem to be a lil' agitated about it, is that none of this in any way, shape or form is directed at you. (The whole other collector comment was a fun jab at another scenario, but using something I'm involved with, since its me having the fun.)

I'll address you questions and comments though.

You don't know me very well but you know me enough that you could have just PM'ed me and asked if I was fool'n around or being serious? Plus I think you already know the answer to that question if ya think about it.  :wink:

This post isn't just about calls, but Yes, I'm all for posting pics of calls and encouraging folks to do so. What I don't partake in is the rubber stamped "Nice Call" comments. If a call maker turns 20 calls, that all look the same do we keep telling him "Nice Call"? Shoot, he already knows if ya replied to the first couple. If the guys call is ugly or at least poorly done, do ya tell him "Nice Call"? Not you maybe, but this is a standard response at one board and it has been coined "Canned Praise". Another issue is and I think its done more out of a obligation of guilt to return the favor, is call makers exchanging "Nice Call" comments in each others post. There are several that say "Nice Call" but then are emailing and PM'ing what’s wrong with it? Just skip the "Nice Call" and give the fella an honest opinion or critique of his work. Then probably the last issue is having a bunch of field staff/pro staff ALWAYS "Nice Call" ing your post.  :madd: He already knows ya make nice calls or he wouldn't be on your field staff. Plus it just down right looks tacky when you post a pic of a call ya have for sale, and five of the replies in that one post are from the same field staff telling ya how nice of a call it is. Whose image is that reflecting on the call makers or the field staffers?

The other thing is most call makers already know they do good work if they have been around any amount of time, and a few put calls up for sale, and really don't want all the "Nice Call" replies. They just want to sell the call.  (Some do it for the ego though)  :biggrin: and that’s not bad, its just all the "Nice Call" ing.  :doh2:

I can go to several boards (Heck even one) right now and pull up an easy 10 post where the call is getting a bunch of "Nice Call"s but no critiquing and the pic clearly shows stuff that could be constructively pointed out. You have seen it yourself.

You do a lot of great replies to calls, because ya tell what ya like about it what might not be your taste. Plus you'll endorse a call maker when you do think he does a great job, but you don't take it over board. This is what ya need more of. While everyone could benefit its geared more towards newer spinners because your giving them false expectations, plus they see all these responses to another call makers post and expect the same.  :shrug:

Not long ago a call maker posted a series of pictures of a call he had for sale and stated that it was already voiced for cottontail and ready to go out the door. These series of pics showed all the angles of the call to include a good one of the barrel. The call wasn't anything out of the norm for this maker but it was one helluva burl and it received a crap load of "Nice Call" replies and nothing else. I had a good laugh with him when I sent him an email telling he might want to put a read in the call before he sent it out. Ya see he thought he already voiced the call and was ready to send it out the door, but was thankful that I noticed it and he asked "Why do you think no one else mentioned it" I told him because most folks are rubber stamping their replies with a "Nice Call" with out really looking the call over. We had a good laugh over that, much like the rest of us are with this here post.

QuoteDID YOU EVER BUY/RECEIVE A NOT SO (MAKE THAT READ UGLY) NICE CALL

Yes I have (Several) George and this is why. They were single pics of the call standing up and from the quality of the pic they looked real good, but once I got them in the mail it was another storey. The calls are sound and functionable but the fit and finish of the call and the way there were put together was almost at an elementary level. Matter fact two from one call maker, early in his call making career and later in his call making career. They only thing that has change over the years is the top quality materials he used, but the fit and finish is still the same. Another was an open reed I had received from a maker. It wasn't over the top in the beauty department but it still appeared to be a good call. Well when I went to blow on it, it blew what looked like a bunch of confetti out the barrel almost like a party favor, and then the reed and tone board fell out.  :shock2: You know why? Because he was using cut pieces of what looked like a credit card to wedge the tone board in.  :sick2: This call received a bunch of "Nice Call" replies to include one other guy that got his and loved it. And the next week they are being sold on AllPredatorCalls.com  :sick2:

George, I wouldn't consider you a wanna be collector I would consider you an establish fellow collector. One whom I would like to still consider a friend? But that’s up to you.

I also haven't seen you on any coat tails, nor do I think you will be.

Sorry if some how this post struck a burr with ya, but to get the post back on track I'll make ya an honorary member of the RAHM Predator Call Collection, and send ya few flyers.  :biggrin:

Did anyone get an accurate count of how many "Nice Call"s I said in this post? Watching my quota.

FinsnFur

We can't have him going against the grain like this, were going to have to ban him so we can keep a positive and forward motion here.

:holdon: That was a joke frshwtr :holdon: Taking another stab at PM :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Quote from: FinsnFur on September 16, 2009, 05:11:31 AM
We can't have him going against the grain like this, were going to have to ban him so we can keep a positive and forward motion here.

Let's take a poll first.   :eyebrownod:

Hawks Feather

Semp,

Don't let anyone know but there is a secret meeting going on right now about this.  It is so secret that I don't know where it is or what is being said, but I know it is happening.  I am psyco on things like this.

No Name