• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Recent posts

Firearms / Re: Slug barrel...
Last post by nastygunz - Today at 07:02:12 PM
Super expensive! They are $300 on the Mossberg website and out of stock. I had a blued one with a cantilever scope mount that I bought new for 200 and some dollars and some son of a bitch stole it out of the camp. I was browsing around checking the Mossberg site and then figured I would check eBay and I saw that one and really wanted a camo one and a cam scope and mounts so I got it for $207 which is still too much in my opinion. You can't shoot slugs out of the 835 overbored barrel or I would just have used the regular barrel. Ebays the best place to get one I think.
Firearms / Re: Slug barrel...
Last post by Okanagan - Today at 06:23:49 PM
WTG!  I want one but last time I spent any time looking, the reasonably priced ones were unavailable.  I made do with a rifled choke for my 3" magnum 12 gauge Remington 870 Express.  I gotta go shopping again!

A cousin has what looks to me like the ideal deer shotgun:  20 gauge bolt Mossberg (Savage ?) with rifled barrel and receiver mounted scope.  It looks like a deer rifle.  He and his brother each killed record book bucks last seaason with that gun.  I hunted with it a bit on loan from him but passed the only small buck I saw.
Firearms / Slug barrel...
Last post by nastygunz - Today at 02:08:56 PM
For my Mossberg 835, rifled, cantilever scope mount, off ebay :yoyo: Simmons 4x12 scope included.
The Tailgate / Today in history 6-14
Last post by remrogers - Today at 11:22:28 AM
June 14
Congress adopts the Stars and Stripes

June 14, 1777: During the American Revolution, the Continental Congress adopts a resolution stating that "the flag of the United States be thirteen alternate stripes red and white" and that "the Union be thirteen stars, white in a blue field, representing a new Constellation." The national flag, which became known as the "Stars and Stripes," was based on the "Grand Union" flag, a banner carried by the Continental Army in 1776 that also consisted of 13 red and white stripes. According to legend, Philadelphia seamstress Betsy Ross designed the new canton for the Stars and Stripes, which consisted of a circle of 13 stars and a blue background, at the request of General George Washington. Historians have been unable to conclusively prove or disprove this legend.

With the entrance of new states into the United States after independence, new stripes and stars were added to represent new additions to the Union. In 1818, however, Congress enacted a law stipulating that the 13 original stripes be restored and that only stars be added to represent new states.

On June 14, 1877, the first Flag Day observance was held on the 100th anniversary of the adoption of the Stars and Stripes. As instructed by Congress, the U.S. flag was flown from all public buildings across the country. In the years after the first Flag Day, several states continued to observe the anniversary, and in 1949 Congress officially designated June 14 as Flag Day, a national day of observance.

Firearms / Re: WTH!
Last post by nastygunz - Today at 10:19:24 AM
Holy moley the price of them has shot up!
Last post by bigben - Today at 05:49:14 AM
Well I think mine was supposed to have a peep but the wife got it at bass pro and they had the wrong box in storage.  So they must have gave it to someone else.  Mine came with a very short pic rail on it already installed.  I kinda would have liked to have the peep as it would have been a pretty cool addition. 
Last post by nastygunz - Yesterday at 11:43:55 AM
I have been thinking of some sort of optic on mine also. Did yours come with some sort of scope mount or rail on it? Mine just has a tiny dovetail if you take the back peep sight off. I hate to say it but the old eyes don't work as good as they used to with iron sights.