• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Recent posts

Hunting Equipment / Re: Hey Todd
Last post by FinsnFur - July 13, 2024, 08:15:26 AM
Nasty you gotta git off that shit, it's gonna kill ya. :laf:
Betty Crocker / Re: Raw candlefish taste prett...
Last post by FinsnFur - July 13, 2024, 08:12:50 AM
Thats nasty :puke: But I'd rub it around in my hair while it's still moist to see if maybe it helped draw the targeted fish closer to the boat. :eyebrownod:
The Tailgate / Re: Game warden made up a bogu...
Last post by FinsnFur - July 13, 2024, 08:09:13 AM
Turning the rookies loose on the beat too soon?
Betty Crocker / Raw candlefish taste pretty go...
Last post by Okanagan - July 12, 2024, 11:44:35 PM

Sometimes we rub and grind a baitfish into our hands to smell more natural when we handle a lure.  I did that the other day and caught a 17 lb. king salmon as soon as I put the lure back in the water.

Today, I brought up a candlefish on my jig hook, and thoroughly rubbed and ground the skinny minnow into my hands, getting fish fluids plus some meat and guts smeared over my hands. 

A few minutes later my fishing partner opened a package of chocolate chip cookies.  After eating a cookie, the big ones with big square chunks of chocolate, I started licking chocolate where some had melted onto my hands...  It was kinda salty, a little bit like sardines from a can, and suddenly I realized where that taste was coming from.   
The Tailgate / Game warden made up a bogus la...
Last post by Okanagan - July 12, 2024, 11:24:21 PM
Had a game warden try to run his private interpretation of a game law on us today, without a trace of backing in the game law book.  We were not breaking any law.  He made it up.  I don't think he fined us, though in Washington State you don't find out till they mail a ticket to you at the address on your fishing license.  Kinda aggravating.  I'm retired and have the time and will challenge it in court if he ticketed me.  Meanwhile we will keep fishing the way we were, the same way we have fished for ten or 15 years and that has been checked by wardens many times.

Washington has hired a bunch of new fish cops.  I usually get checked maybe once every few years, but have been checked twice this week.  FWIW the wardens last week checked our gear, the same as we were using today, and didn't find anything wrong with the hooks today's cop said are illegal.

Last post by nastygunz - July 12, 2024, 10:57:58 PM
As I recall it was a fellow named Truckee who lives down by the river and made game calls  :innocentwhistle:
Non Hunting/Fishing Photos / Re: Lumberjack breakfast.
Last post by nastygunz - July 12, 2024, 10:56:27 PM
He put a pretty good dent in it!. Went right through the chocolate chip pancakes and picked everyone of the chocolate chips out :alscalls:
Non Hunting/Fishing Photos / Re: Lumberjack breakfast.
Last post by FinsnFur - July 12, 2024, 10:30:17 PM
You might have to step in and help him finish all that
Last post by FinsnFur - July 12, 2024, 10:29:02 PM
Your files :confused:
 :laught17:
Last post by Todd Rahm - July 12, 2024, 03:37:58 PM
Doesn't sound familiar. I'll check my files.