• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

concealed Carry

Started by johnoh, November 03, 2010, 02:55:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCP

QuoteI've seen guys carrying "concealed" that printed the gun something awful.    laff   Didn't leave much to the imagination.
Semp you still talkin firearms??  :alscalls:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

vvarmitr

Quote from: Semp on November 05, 2010, 11:06:12 AM
 Didn't leave much to the imagination.   :nono:
Yeah, seen women dressed like that .... dressed to kill you could say!  :eyebrow:

KySongDog

Quote from: CCP on November 05, 2010, 11:08:15 AM
QuoteI've seen guys carrying "concealed" that printed the gun something awful.    laff   Didn't leave much to the imagination.
Semp you still talkin firearms??  :alscalls:

Yep, but your mind is thinking Brokeback LBL.   :alscalls:

johnoh

Quote from: FinsnFur on November 05, 2010, 06:06:28 AM
Not a hijack attempt here johnoh...just a related question :wink:

Can you walk into a school, business, or other public building with a conceal carry, that has a sign on the front door stating "No Weapons"?
No you cant cary in schools any bars or busnisses that have a sign up.

johnoh

Or a courthouse, and in OH if you get pulled over anything you have to tell the officer if you are carrying or not. I was in a different gun store today and i noticed something,  all the guns there were trying to get me to put them in my safe. He has  a nice bolt action 50 caliber rifle with a 20 power scope and bypod for 3200, but I could no find a holser to fit it in. :wink:

nastygunz

Quote from: Semp on November 05, 2010, 11:06:12 AM
Just funnin' with ya.   :eyebrownod:   

I've seen guys carrying "concealed" that printed the gun something awful.    :laf:   Didn't leave much to the imagination.   :nono:

Hmmmm I wonder if Im printing..one of the girls in my office asked me "is that a S&W Airweight .38 in your pocket or are you just glad to see me".... :innocentwhistle:

KySongDog

Quote from: nastygunz on November 06, 2010, 01:57:19 AM

Hmmmm I wonder if Im printing..one of the girls in my office asked me "is that a S&W Airweight .38 in your pocket or are you just glad to see me".... :innocentwhistle:

Does she prefer those who pack left or right?   :alscalls:   :alscalls:  :laugh2: :laugh2:

Roundman

Quoteone of the girls in my office asked me "is that a S&W Airweight .38 in your pocket or are you just glad to see me"....
Airweight? Was she doing this when she asked?   :hahaha:

Frogman

For concealed carry I too am a fan of Kel-Tec pistols.  I really prefer my 1911, but it is just so bulky and heavy that if it were my only pistol I would frequently leave it at home.  I have an older Kel-Tec P-11 that is probably my most frequently carried pistol.  It is a 9 mm and holds 11 rounds.  With the belt clip it is easily tucked into my waistband with the belt clip over the waistband and under my belt at the three o'clock position on my right hip.  Very reliable and very easy to carry.  The Kel-Tec P3AT is even smaller and makes a good pocket gun.    It is .380 cal. 

Buy one of each of the ones you think you will like, carry them for a while, and decide which you like best.  Can't have too many, don't you know!?!?

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

FinsnFur

I want to revisit this and hear more from those of you carrying about your concealment. Which method or holster are you using and why?

I'm wondering if I'm going to want more then one holster for different situations, or maybe thats a gimme anyway. :shrug:
Inside the pants holsters..how bad do they suck?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Here is what I am currently carrying.  A Kel Tec PF-9 with a Crimson Trace laser.

I usually just drop it in a pocket with no holster or stuff it in my waist band. 

If you want to go the inside the waist band route, try a Milt Sparks VM-2 or a Crossbreed Super Tuck.  I use the VM-2 with a 1911 and the Crossbreed with a Glock. 

FinsnFur

I looked at those Kel-tecs for over two hours over on Impact Guns last night, and fell in love with them.

I also read somewhere exactly what you described them as, Semp. The smallest, flattest, lightest, compact 9 on the market.
Reviews were up and down, but the majority of them were above average. Downfalls consisted of jams.

I love the way they are priced, and I'm almost without a doubt going to go with a Kel-tec. Just not sure how I want to carry it.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

KySongDog

Quote from: FinsnFur on November 26, 2011, 02:58:19 PM
Downfalls consisted of jams.

I think the earlier versions of the PF9 had some problems but they seemed to have worked out the bugs on the recent production models. 

I've had no problems with jams on my PF9.  But you have to make a strong effort not to limp wrist the gun.  The small auto loaders do not function well with a weak grip. 

FinsnFur

You callin me limp wristed? :huh:

LOL, actually I did read that in a couple reviews too. The gun gives a brutal kick for it's size and a light grip on it definitely will not prevent any jams.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

KySongDog

I don't know that I would call it "brutal".   :laf:    But I would say it is rather snappy.   :eyebrownod:

*IF* you were to show up at the LBL  :innocentwhistle:, you could shoot mine and see if that is the way you want to go. 

FinsnFur

Really?
Ok, there's no way I can pass on that :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

FinsnFur

Quote from: FinsnFur on November 26, 2011, 09:10:52 AM
I want to revisit this and hear more from those of you carrying about your concealment. Which method or holster are you using and why?

I'm wondering if I'm going to want more then one holster for different situations, or maybe thats a gimme anyway. :shrug:
Inside the pants holsters..how bad do they suck?

No one else? Really?

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nastygunz

I think mines the perfect carry gun, lightweight, simple, I use a pocket holster usually, perfect in shirt/short/pants pockets, clip it on belt, ankle holster, on cord around neck, no jams, no safety, pull it out n pull the trigger :wink:

coyote101

I'm with nastygunz on this. I have about twenty handguns to choose from, including .32 ACP, .380, and four each .38 Special, 9mm and .40 S&W. The one that I am almost never without is this:

J-frame Smith and Wesson Model 342 .38 Special

Carrying a gun ALL the time is a nuisance. It may seem exciting at first, but the new wears off pretty fast. A larger combat handgun is sexier and a better tool to have in a gunfight, but much harder to conceal well and far less comfortable to carry for extended periods. Sooner or later you will leave it behind because you know it will get uncomfortable after carrying it all day, or you worry that someone will notice it. This gun is small, lightweight, almost foolproof and very easy to conceal in a number of ways as nastygunz noted. Even when I carried a full size pistol all day every day I carried the little J-frame as a backup.

Whatever gun you choose, find a comfortable way to carry it. Do not skimp on holster or belt. The larger the gun, the more important that is. A two or three pound chunk of steel sliding around on your belt or digging into you sciatic nerve or grinding into your ankle gets pretty annoying, pretty quick. If it becomes painful to carry it, you will eventually leave it behind. 

Consider how you will get the gun into action in various situations. Presenting a gun from an ankle holster is generally slower than from a hip holster. But put your pistol in that hip holster and button it up under that heavy winter coat that you wear when its 20 below in Wisconsin and strap yourself into the F150. Which do you think will be faster if you need to get to your gun in that situation? Hard to beat an ankle holster if you are seated and belted into a vehicle.

If you go with a small revolver, like a J-frame Smith, I would highly recommend that you look at the Barami hip grip. http://www.baramihipgrip.com/  Coupled with the  Tyler T-grip http://www.t-grips.com/  it is a very comfortable and very concealable method of carry. Also take a look at the Cozy Partner model 50 ankle holster from Renegade holsters. http://www.renegadeholstersdirect.com/page2.html I have worn one for literally thousands of hours and I don't believe you will find a better or more comfortable ankle holster for these small revlovers.

Pat     
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

KySongDog

The J frame S&W is an excellent choice for carry.  Not much to go wrong on a revolver (jams, etc.).  But you do sacrifice a few rounds of capacity. 

Desantis has recently come out with a new Clip Grip for the J frame.   It looks like a combination of the Barami Hip Grip and the Tyler T Grip only better in my view because the grip is stippled and makes for a more secure hold on the handgun.  I sold my Barami grip when I found this one.

Here is the grip on my S&W airweight Bodyguard 38.