• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Another American after the greater glory.

Started by pitw, December 10, 2010, 09:14:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

Not really but with what we got happening on the other thread I figured more guys would read this one  :alscalls:.

http://www.sj-r.com/breaking/x1921993898/Fallin-Skies-duck-hunter-charged-with-waterfowl-violations

Why is money so all fired important?
I say what I think not think what I say.

KySongDog

This has got nothing to do with the Wikileaks thread.

This guy is just another criminal masquerading as a sportsman. 

Quote from: pitw on December 10, 2010, 09:14:31 AM

Why is money so all fired important?

It's not really.  Unless you like to have electricity, a car, clothes, food, a house, and sign on to FnF every once in a while.  In that case, money comes in handy.

pitw

Quote from: Semp on December 10, 2010, 11:14:19 AM
This has got nothing to do with the Wikileaks thread.

I think I kinda/sorta said that. :innocentwhistle:

Quote from: Semp on December 10, 2010, 11:14:19 AM
It's not really.  Unless you like to have electricity, a car, clothes, food, a house, and sign on to FnF every once in a while.  In that case, money comes in handy.

I guess I missed him on FnF :doh2:.  When you have to steal from the same group of people you are trying to impress just for the money then I'd say these things got toooooooooooo important. 

KySongDog

Quote from: pitw on December 10, 2010, 11:24:36 AM

I guess I missed him on FnF :doh2:

Missed whom?   :confused:   

When you have to steal from the same group of people you are trying to impress just for the money then I'd say these things got toooooooooooo important. 

So is it OK to steal from groups of people you are not trying to impress?    :laf:    Your logic is baffling.  :nono:

THO Game Calls

QuoteThis guy is just another criminal masquerading as a sportsman. 

He's actually one of the biggest names in Duck Hunting.   This is really going to shake up the duck hunting world.   Probably have an impact on all hunters in the long run.

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

FinsnFur

Wow.....yeah I'm thinking that one will stir quite a rukus.
Poaching is bad enough, but guiding to poach :doh2: 

Just ask redfrog :alscalls:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Quote from: Semp on December 10, 2010, 01:31:09 PM

I guess I missed him on FnF :doh2:

Missed whom?   :confused:   

The hunt ducker :laf: :laf:

When you have to steal from the same group of people you are trying to impress just for the money then I'd say these things got toooooooooooo important. 
Quote from: Semp on December 10, 2010, 01:31:09 PM
So is it OK to steal from groups of people you are not trying to impress?    :laf:
Of course. :doh2:

Quote from: Semp on December 10, 2010, 01:31:09 PM:laf:    Your logic is baffling.  :nono:

Your trying to tell me something new :confused:.  I've had to live with this mixed up mind for 53 years and haven't figured it out so if you can do it in less than three then, Your good. ;yes;

Now back to the show, this is it.
 Is some how the killing of a full limit, shooting the biggest buck or killing the most coyotes a way of making a persons dick grow bigger or what is the reason for the need to kill.  I'll acknowledge that killing is part of hunting but is it the most important part now that we have actually got super markets.   Trust me at one time I was caught up in the peer pressure so I ain't innocent by a far sight so what I'm doing is trying to understand some thoughts.  I think just about everyone on this site actually uses the meat they take so I'm not after you guys but I live where many deer, elk and moose are shot and left, mostly by road hunters who just seem to be out to kill and then go feel good about it.  
 I'm trying to raise my boys to enjoy the game for what it is, game[Maybe we need to change this terminology too].  It's tough when their friends can go driving around with their parents and do the easy shots from a truck but I think right now I'm winning.  What I'd like to see is the abolishment of any scoring systems that make game a game.  I mean a living breathing animal is not a FnPuck so maybe it's time to treat them with the respect I feel they deserve.

KySongDog

Barry

How did this topic get turned around to whether or not you are raising your kids right?   :confused:   :laf:   Baffling would be an understatement.   :nono:

Quote from: THO Game Calls on December 10, 2010, 02:01:50 PM

He's actually one of the biggest names in Duck Hunting.   This is really going to shake up the duck hunting world.   Probably have an impact on all hunters in the long run.

He may be one of the biggest names.  He is still a criminal masquerading as a sportsman.  And making big money to boot.   

Jimmie in Ky

Money means the diference in whether I get to hunt and fish as much as I WANT or worry about whether the lights are going to be on tommorow. This is the world in which we live today. And we have to have a great deal more money than we did just five years ago.

As for game hogs, they are just that. For them it is not about the hunt and what they get from it. It is all about numbers and bragging rights. We even have hte professional poacher out there stealing our game for the almighty dollar because htey are simply to lazy and criminal minded to do anything else. Everywhere we look we see people out to take what others work for in many diferent ways. The fellow in the news article was not only steaing from all of us who hunt, but running a con on those of us who hunt for hte dollar. In effect he too is a professional poacher!!

One of hte reasons you enjoy it here so much , is that we are not about the money aspect of hunting. We are in it for the hunt itself. These call makers enjoy woodworking and making thier own hunting tools. They sell so they can conintue woodworking and hunting. They aren't working on making a big name for them selves or any one else. We share what we learn freely so others may beneift from our experiences. The hunt itself is between us and hte animal we are after and how we won hte contest of man verses beast. It's one of the reasons I don't care for taking pics of my victories in the field. It becomes something else then other than the battel between me and that animal, at least to me .

It pleases me a good deal that Bob wants to hunt his way. He will cherish each victory in his mind forever. It won't be just meat on the table for him. But precious memories that lead to making him a confident young man. Jimmie

Carolina Coyote

alscalls

Quote from: THO Game Calls on December 10, 2010, 02:01:50 PM

Never heard of him.........  And I did not feel a thing.......   :laf: :laf:

Seriously Though......... I know what yer saying....... Another one that tries to make the rest look bad.......  :rolleye:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

CCP

I heard he was from Canada originally and the guys on the guided hunts breaking the laws were from Canada.  :innocentwhistle:

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

pitw

Quote from: CCP on December 12, 2010, 08:09:10 AM
I heard he was from Canada originally and the guys on the guided hunts breaking the laws were from Canada.  :innocentwhistle:

I never ran into him but a fellow I know did on a fence line and it got pretty ugly.  We got all the trouble we need with out help with our own outfitters up here. :doh2:

KySongDog

Quote from: CCP on December 12, 2010, 08:09:10 AM

Was any of them named Redtoad or Red....  never mind. 

pitw

HaMeR

NEW LISTING
Price
$1,449,000 or $ / Acre

I'll give em $1/acre for the whole thing.  :eyebrow: :eyebrow:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

vvarmitr

KySongDog

$10,000 seems sorta high but not out of the realm of reason.

Here is some ground that sold on my end of the state for $3,000 per acre during this recession.   :shock2:

http://www.kurtzauction.com/kurtz_1result.asp?auc_ID=472&nav_ID=37

With these kind of prices, it is not easy finding someone who will let you hunt their ground for free.   :nono:

pitw

Wow Semp.  Is that land got any other revenue besides hunting?  That chunk of land I bought last year was less than $300/acre for 160 acres and it has 4 different ungulates it as well as three types of upland game birds, rabbit's and coyotes.  If that piece you show can pay for itself then I'm here to tell the world that it doesn't need so much food. :confused:

KySongDog

That ground is primarily hunting ground, pitw.    There is some crops grown on it but it is secondary to hunting.  That property is right next to the Sloughs Wildlife Management Area.  A major stop over and/or wintering site for geese and ducks. 

10 years ago (the last time I looked in to it), it cost over $1,000 plus a bunch of big foot decoys (and they ain't cheap) to join a pit down there.  And that was for just one season only.  Duck and goose hunting has always been too expensive for me.