• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

LBL 2012 photos #1

Started by Frogman, February 07, 2012, 11:21:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

Hey guys,

I always look forward to the annual LBL hunt and get together.  This year was no exception.  I left for LBL on Tuesday morning Jan. 31 and arrived there about 5:00 PM.  I like to take lots of pictures because I know many of those who couldn't make it enjoy seeing them.  Wish all you guys could have joined us for a great few days of hunting and socializing with good F&F friends.  Following are some of my pictures.  I still don't know everyone so please help me provide names for those I don't know. 

Above was my first set on Wednesday morning.  I thought I would try the shotgun.  I called in a coyote and took the shot at about 50 yards.  Rolled the coyote into the creek bed and out of sight.  When I went to retrieve him there was no coyote.  He must have escaped down the creek bed??  Dead Coyote 3 inch through a Remington X full turkey choke at 50 yards?? 

Semp's $9.00 coyote, I think his was the first one taken.  WTG Semp!

Some of the guys standing around the campfire.

Shooting the bull.

On Wednesday afternoon about 2:00 PM Ol' Joe and Biscuit took me out for some stands.  I took the rifle this time.  I set up watching up the haul road with Ol' Joe about twenty yards behind me watching the hollow to the left and Biscuit about 20 yards behind me watching the hollow to the right.  Weedwalker had said that pup distress sounds were working for him so I started the stand with some pup distress on the mouth call.  After the first series I had barely dropped my mouth call when a coyote came charging up out of the hollow to my left front.  Came right at me to within about 15 yards.  I had to shift my gun and shooting sticks around to line up on him.  I shot him twice with the AR as he tried to make his escape.  When the coyote got far enough away from me for Ol' Joe to have a clear shot he blasted the coyote with his shotgun to make sure he didn't get away!  Ol' Joe and I shared this one!  I was excited!!  We had fur down!!

On Thursday morning riverboss took me out for some stands.   We had a good time but no coyotes.

Here is a typical LBL haul road . . .

Here is Frogman on stand hoping fo another exciting charger . . .

When pabrushwolf and the Pennsylvania crew arrived I got to hunt with Ron Bruni.  Here he is examining some coyote tracks . . .

Here are some of the coyotes some of the guys started racking up.  The weather was in the upper 60s but the coyotes seemed to be responding!

Adam from PA hunted with CCP and killed this coyote.

Adam, Robert, Cam and Cody checking out Adam's coyote

I am going to close this post now before Photobucket starts messing me up.  Look for more photos in "LBL 2012 photos #2" coming soon!

Hope you enjoy these!!

Jim

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

HaMeR

Always a great write up Jim!! I enjoyed seeing you again as well. Glad you made it home safely.  :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

FINALLY! Some pictures. I was beginning to wonder if the LBL got secretly canceled. :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

Scott

shaddragger

:congrats: Great write-up Jim! That was the next best thing to being there!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen