• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Question about some small Rifle primers

Started by Hidehunter, January 03, 2013, 04:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hidehunter

Well i loaded up a 150 rds of 9mm and used small rifle bench primers. I know you can use small rifle primers and my Ruger RS 9 shoots them great. All i had was the bench primers and never really thought about havin any problems. Well i was getting 3 out of 5 missfires. Have any of you tried bench primers or do I have a bad batch of primers? Ive had them for a couple years but just havent used any of them. Guess Im gonna go start pulling bullets  :sad2:
Denver                                           

riverboss

Im no expert but it sounds like youve got some bad primers, If regular small rifle will work they should be fine to use.

CCP

Rifle BR primers are thicker and may be  your problem in the pistol. I have shot BR rifle primers in revolvers with no problems but had trouble with them in a P08 I had and haven't tried them in any auto loader again. It was only like 2 out of 50 that didn't go bang but that was enough for me.

I use small magnum pistol primers in my AR and have been told I could have a possible slam fire because of the thinner cup but no issues so far.

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Hidehunter

Denver