• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Dove Season

Started by JohnP, September 08, 2022, 10:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Dove season opened on 1 Sep and I don't remember ever missing an opening day hunt since I retired, that is until this season.  I can barely walk anymore without falling so I'm pretty dependent on a cane or my walker. One of my dove hunter friends called and said "some of the guys are coming over for a BBQ and beer so come on over", so I did.

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Hawks Feather

That looks delicious! Sorry you aren't moving so good, but glad you got to enjoy some dove.

Okanagan

pitw

Never shot a dove in my life but that do look etable. :yoyo:
I say what I think not think what I say.

nastygunz

Dang those look good! New Hampshire had a dove season and all the tree huggers fought about it so much that they closed it years ago and tried to open it a few years ago and the anti-hunters raised holy hell so still no dove season. :argh: I use decoys and hunt feral pigeons which is kind of like hunting big doves and there is no closed season on them. They decoy in great just like ducks or geese.

FinsnFur

Wow, that looks so good. I've never had Dove that way but I have had Duck cooked liked that and it was delish.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

That does look delicious, John. I hunted doves this year for the first time since 1983. I somehow managed to hit the first one I shot at, but it went downhill after that.  :rolleye: I'm scoring about one out of five or six, but I'm having fun.  :yoyo:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Hawks Feather

Quote from: coyote101 on September 27, 2022, 07:48:14 PMI'm scoring about one out of five or six, but I'm having fun.  :yoyo:
Pat

From what I hear that is about the going average for a hunter that doesn't shoot a lot of skeet.