• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Fresh lion track on first time out this year, but no skinning

Started by Okanagan, February 20, 2023, 09:40:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

On Saturday a friend with a new to him jacked up Suzuki Samurai diesel invited me to run some back roads and check out his new ride.  We hit slushy rain as we climbed elevation.  Right where a half inch of new wet snow had built up, a lion track came in from a side road and went up the main road ahead of us.

We followed it a mile or more, very fresh track, when the stride lengthened and the cat turned off of the road into timber.  He had heard us coming up behind him and ducked off of the road.

We went 25 yards into the timber to where it opened up with some view and called for half an hour with no luck. Both of us heard something on the ground at the 7 minute mark, and I heard a very soft grunt or cough a few minutes later but never saw anything.  The cold 3/4 rain/1/4 sleet picked up.  My 78 year old friend developed a cough so we bailed.  I spread out gear to dry all over the living room when I got home, which my wife loves in our little apartment. 

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Sounds like a fun time - minus the wet and not getting the cat. How was his new ride?

Okanagan

Quote from: Hawks Feather on February 21, 2023, 07:45:56 AMSounds like a fun time - minus the wet and not getting the cat. How was his new ride?

Plenty power, sips diesel.  He put in two gallons after half a day of crawling and driving logging roads and a bit of highway.  This one rides pretty stiff and jolty.  A friend of mine in Oregon designed and sells what many say is the best diesel conversion kit for Suzukis.  They use Volkswagon diesel engines.  Another one of these my friend converted is the smoothiest and best riding Zuki I've ever been in, and it is a lifted diesel.