• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

News:

In memory of, and honoring, the men and woman whom never made it back home, serving our country.

Main Menu

Started by pitw, October 21, 2010, 10:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.

weedwalker

Way To Go Barry!!! :yoyo: Good pics and a great story. I felt like I was right there with ya. :biggrin:

slagmaker

The detail.. I could almost smell the burnt powder :yoyo:. Man I havnt seen a wright up like that sense PM :biggrin: :alscalls: :alscalls:
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Yotehntr

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: 

and congrat's on 2   :yoyo:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

KySongDog

Same coyote shot twice and drug to a different part of his yard.    :innocentwhistle:

(Without details, I have to fill in between the lines some. )   :eyebrownod:

kyfuzzyface

Congrats Barry, Now for the rest of the story!!
Fuzzy

alscalls

I really like the part where you......... ________________________________________________________
That was good!     :highclap: :highclap: :highclap: :highclap: :highclap:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

wked

Way to go Barry!  You gotta admit you have left yourself open for some ridicule!

linemansteve

I think they where photo shopped and we have to guess the location.  :laf: :laf: I find this very unlike barry --so few words to say    :laf:  Steve
No signature required,my hand shake or my word is good enough.
Saw a women texting while driving and it really pissed me OFF, so I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her.

pitw

And that proves a couple things. :readthis:  One is that a picture can't replace a thousand words and two, a post without a decent story has a tendency to be a mite boring unless there are good people on the forum to help it along.  Now the story.
  Yesterday I was a mite busy and had absolutely no time to hunt as I had promised the wife to have a few things done for her.  I was heading to town[for a new starter for my 65 Masssey] when I spied that little feller out mousing in a field of wheat stubble[320 acres right along the highway].  I had this Rebel call in my truck and thought to myself, "self who do you spend more time with, you or your wife" and with that thought I pulled over at the end of the field thinking better the wife chewing me one for than me chewing all day for not doing.  I ran out in the field 50 yds and sat down in the stuff missed at the corner for concealment and started playing "Dixie".  The pup musta wondered what the [L] as it came charging over and stood out there at all of 35 feet looking at me.  Now it got tense as I thought what would Richard do, I figured he would be watching life through a view finder so I did what I do and pasted the youngun to the ground.   Took a quick pic and ran.[total elapsed time 5min].
  The big dog almost looks like it has some coydog blood and he was out in a pasture I was checking cows in[for my budddy Jack] and once again I thought of my wife and commenced to hunting.  I pulled the truck out of sight of the coyote and climbed a small rise that had not much for cover so I laid down on my back and played "Dixie" at the sky.  The big fella came cautiously over the next rise and just stood there looking at this fat body laying on the ground that was looking back.  It didn't move for a couple minutes and all I could see was the head so I thought to myself what would Jimmie do.  I didn't like the idea of missing so I took the shot and down he went with what appears to be scrambled marbles.  I forgot the pic in the field in my haste to continue the day for my wife so I took one on the lawn :yahoo:
   I then proceeded with the day and got her bales made and mostly hauled as I pulled the tractor[with new starter attached] into the yard right at dark. 
PS she wants me to work again today :eyebrow:.

Carolina Coyote

Barry it looks like you did a brain surgery on that bigun, maybe Mrs Emma will forgive you and you can sneak out again today. cc

coyote101

You killed as many coyotes just goofing around yesterday as I did busting my hump all of last season.  :madd: :madd: Somehow that just don't seem fair.  :sad2: :sad2: Way to go Barry  :congrats: :congrats: looks and sounds like you had fun. When does the snow start?

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

pitw

Quote from: coyote101 on October 22, 2010, 08:50:19 AM
You killed as many coyotes just goofing around yesterday as I did busting my hump all of last season.  :madd: :madd:

Pat that there was my main reason for going to the LBL.  I couldn't for the life of me figure out why you guys didn't kill more coyotes :confused:.  I knew I wasn't a better hunter so there had to be a good reason and I found it.  The opportunities here are just far greater than any I saw over that way.  With my career choice and being a farmer all my life the land that is available to me is second only to John[Tikaani] and I got's more coyotes.  I always enjoy how some guys seem to put others down for their lack of production but I'm betting if you had my place to live/hunt the numbers would be through the roof.  You noticed at the LBL that I didn't pull my call's out of my pocket, it was because I wasn't going to embareass myself after listening to some of them boys there :whew:

Quote from: coyote101 on October 22, 2010, 08:50:19 AM
Somehow that just don't seem fair.  :sad2: :sad2: Way to go Barry  :congrats: :congrats: looks and sounds like you had fun. When does the snow start?

Pat

It's totally fair cause you guys get to see critters[and take them] that I never get a chance at.  If you fellows didn't willingly show me your animals and sites I wouldn't be as smart as I am :biggrin:.  Remember that the man who says he has it all has never been far from home and is also a liar.   :readthis: 
   The snow can come at any time up here.  we don't get massive amounts like they do out East or West.

alscalls

Dixie?!  Was ya blowing your Bop/HC call or your FX-Whatever call......?   :laf: :laf:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

FinsnFur

Dang.....you gotta like when stuff like that happens. I think I'm going to start carrying a high power rifle with me to the grocery store, I mean hey...ya never know :wink:

Nice wax job on those things by the way  :yoyo:

My favorite part of the story;
Quote from: pitw on October 22, 2010, 08:24:21 AM
   ...all I could see was the head so I thought to myself what would Jimmie do.  I didn't like the idea of missing....

:alscalls: :alscalls: :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

vvarmitr

My friend Barry w/ a couple dogs he called in recently.
"At least someone is getting fur on the ground!!"  
:innocentwhistle:
:laf:

WWJD - What Would Jimmie Do
:laugh2:  :laugh2:  :laugh2:

Jimmie in Ky

WWJD, Wait for him to turn his head and cough  :innocentwhistle: Jimmie

CCP

Thanks for sharing the pictures and FINALLY the story.  :eyebrow:

QuoteNow it got tense as I thought what would Richard do, I figured he would be watching life through a view finder so I did what I do and pasted the youngun to the ground.

You did good!! seems Richard cant get them with the view finder or gun.. :wink: May try a few stands on the way to the grocery store myself..   :eyebrow:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

iahntr

Nice ! That first one does look pretty good sized !
Scott

Tikaani

Good to see getting out and working Barry.  Dog Dropper should be hot on your heels now to go to "work" with you.

John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.