• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Jim Zumbo Article about Assault rifles(Terrorist Rifles)

Started by Kydogduster, February 18, 2007, 01:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Rahm

That there fella is an Idiot and probably a democrap in republican clothing. Thats just crazy. I'm sure he'll gain some great PR for that one.

Todd Rahm

Matter fact my lil boy has been getting me that magazine. I'll email them today to keep any remaiming copies and inform them that I won't be renewing.  :wink:

Hawks Feather

At least the replies (didn't read them all) that were there were not positive.  I think I will let Remington know that I am not impressed with them having that on their site.

Jerry

Bopeye

Remington and a bunch of his other sponsors are really trying to back away from him now..

I can't believe he wrote that. I've been reading his articles for a lot of years..........can't believe it, but I know I am done with him.  :argh:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Mallardsr

His reply Blog:

I was wrong, BIG TIME
Someone once said that to err is human. I just erred, and made without question, the biggest blunder in my 42 years of writing hunting articles.

My blog inflamed legions of people I love most..... hunters and shooters. Obviously, when I wrote that blog, I activated my mouth before engaging my brain.

Let me explain the circumstances surrounding that blog. I was hunting coyotes, and after the hunt was over and being beat up by 60 mph winds all day, I was discussing hunting with one of the young guides. I was tired and exhausted, and I should have gone to bed early. When the guide told me that there was a "huge" following of hunters who use AR 15's and similar weapons to hunt prairies dogs, I was amazed. At that point I wrote the blog, and never thought it through.

Now then, you might not believe what I have to say, but I hope you do. How is it that Zumbo, who has been hunting for more than 50 years, is totally ignorant about these types of guns. I don't know. I shot one once at a target last year, and thought it was cool, but I never considered using one for hunting. I had absolutely no idea how vast the numbers of folks are who use them.

I never intended to be devisive, and I certainly believe in United we Stand, Divided we Fall. I've been an NRA member for 40 years, have attended 8 national NRA conventions in the last 10 years, and I'm an advisory board member for the United States Sportsmen's Alliance which actively fights anti-hunters and animal rights groups for hunter's rights.

What really bothers me are some of the unpatriotic comments leveled at me. I fly the flag 365 days a year in my front yard. Last year, through an essay contest, I hosted a soldier wounded in Iraq to a free hunt in Botswana. This year, through another essay contest, I'm taking two more soldiers on a free moose and elk hunt.

When I started blogging, I was told to write my thoughts, expressing my own opinion. The offensive blog I wrote was MY opinion, and no one else's. None of the companies that I deal with share that opinion, nor were they aware of what I had written until this firestorm started.   

Believe it or not, I'm your best friend if you're a hunter or shooter, though it might not seem that way. I simply screwed up.   And, to show that I'm sincere about this, I just talked to Ted Nugent, who everyone knows, and is a Board member of the NRA. Ted is extremely active with charities concerning our wounded military, and though he's known as a bowhunter, Ted has no problem with AR 15's and similar firearms. My sincerity stems from the fact that Ted and I are planning a hunt using AR 15's. I intend to learn all I can about them, and again, I'm sorry for inserting my foot in my mouth. 

KySongDog

Me thinks Mr. Zumbo has heard his pocket book scream. So now he recants.  That doesn't take a way the fact that he is a moron.   :argh:

fuzz624

What bothers me the most is that.In his reply he sayes that he erred.He never admits to being wrong.This tells me that he believes in what he said.He is just trying to smoothe everything over with us.I for one already replied to his story and notified remington of my thoughts.No one that supports Jim Dumbo will ever get my business again.

kiyitec

I was hooked on every word he said since I learned to read. . . until now.  I bet he has already bought A couple and put A few hundred rounds through them getting ready for A hunt.  Prolly' already started writing about it.  What's the chance he will be wearing A Bushmaster hat (or the likes) at his next public outing?
  Up til now I have been on the dark side, but I think I will pick up an AR just because I can. (and I can afford them now'days :biggrin:)                        ~KT
"DESIGNATED SITUATIONAL CALLER"
  Contact me for information on how to become one today, and see how easy it is to save money on guns & ammo.  List of references available upon request.

outlaw

I couldnt believe what I read.  I have tried, to watch his show a couple times and cant stand it.  He seems like someone to me that is hunting a penned animal, or being handed fish out of a tank to catch.....  :innocentwhistle:   This just really doesnt suprise me.  Wasnt a fan before, and am definetely not now.

fuzz624

I have also just learned that outdoor life mag. is owned by CBS.For those that dont know,CBS is a big donator to the anti gun lobby groups.

securpro

HOLY CRAP!! WHAT A MORON !!! :rolleye: :rolleye: :holdon: :pout:
I never liked him and now I know why.
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

Hawks Feather

I got the following reply from Remington.

Jerry

Thank you for your comments. Please read our official statement below:

Remington to Sever Sponsorship Ties with Jim Zumbo

Madison, North Carolina – As a result of comments made by Mr. Jim Zumbo in recent postings on his blog site, Remington Arms Company, Inc., has severed all sponsorship ties with Mr. Zumbo effective immediately. While Mr. Zumbo is entitled to his opinions and has the constitutional right to freely express those opinions, these comments are solely his, and do not reflect the views of Remington.

"Remington has spent tens of millions of dollars defending our Second Amendment rights to privately own and possess firearms and we will continue to vigorously fight to protect these rights," commented Tommy Millner, Remington's CEO and President. "As hunters and shooters of all interest levels, we should strive to utilize this unfortunate occurrence to unite as a whole in support of our Second Amendment rights."

We regret having to terminate our long-standing relationship with Mr. Zumbo, who is a well-respected writer and life-long hunter.

keekee

Todd Rahm

The internet is a like bolt of lightning..................open your mouth and theres 600,000 folks there to shove your foot in it.  :roflmao: In this case it worked for the good guys............so far.  :wink:

Jeb

You cant say he didnt strike a nerve with all most gun owners !!  You can bet those other TV outdoorsman will learn from Zumbos mistake.
              Jeb

BigB

Here is what I got back from Gerber Knives about Jim.

"
Following Jim Zumbo's recent comments, those of us at Gerber would like to clarify that we respect the opinion of our sponsored hunters and users however, we do not necessarily agree with all their opinions, nor do we endorse their public statements. Our presence and development in the tactical and hunting markets is proof-positive we are committed to supporting these industries and all those involved.

Since Jim's blog was published he has issued this apology: http://outdoorlife.blogs.com/zumbo/2007/02/i_was_wrong_big.html.

Thanks for supporting our rights and for supporting Gerber Legendary Blades.

Jason Kintzler

Senior Communications Manager

"
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

Bopeye

I almost feel sorry for the guy.........notice I said "almost". He was being an arrogant, asinine, egotistical, silver spoon jerk and deserves what he get's for his comments. He has aided the enemy and by definition that is "treason". Hang him high boys.  :congrats:

I know I have the propensity to sometimes insert my own foot, however he did get what anybody else would get. If I publicly spoke out against my company, I guarantee you I wouldn't last the day.
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

bowjunkie

this is what the NUGE had to say "maybe" he has a point

I too was blown away by the insane mis-statements by Zumbo. However, I refuse to remain blown away but rather gather myself up & use this as the Spotlight on our shooting industry/community's gross lack of sophistication on this American freedom life & death issue. Now that Jim has been educated he has apologized & apparently dedicated himself to educating the other misinformed dolts in our shootworld. Dont let kneejerk anger fog a clear op to flush out the cockroaches amongst us. It is a much better use of this moment than simply staying angry at Zumbo. He is now our ally. Use this for further UPGRADE!! Plz.
[This message has been edited by NUGE (edited 02-19-2007).]