• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Yesterday's Yote

Started by ozarkyoter, November 27, 2007, 06:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozarkyoter

My brother-in-law called me yesterday and ask if I wanted to go out and try to call one up. I didn't get off work until 2:00. First stand was a place we had never hunted. It sure looked good........lots of pasture land.....creek running through it with timber on both sides of the creek. No luck here. Walked to another area east of there and made another call. It was dry too. We decided we would go to an area that has been good for us. We killed three there last year.

We got set up with woods about 30 yards to our rear. We were looking over a large field to our south and woods to our east. Joe was on his 3rd series of bunny blues when I caught movement to my left side and to the rear. Joe was sitting about 12' to my left. Mr. yote had come out of the woods behind us. When I first seen him, he was within 20' of Joe and to his rear. He was zeroed in on the JIB out in front of us. My rifle was up on the bipod facing the opposite direction the yote came in on. I whispered to Joe to get his attention and Mr. yote heard me. He spun around and headed back to the woods. I got him in my scope and slapped the trigger. Down he went. I hit him again. The little .204 did its part. He raised his head up and Joe bulged his eyes. Been slow around here. Hope this cooler weather gets them moving.

Thanks for reading,

Jim

wv_yoter

Good job Jim  :congrats: nice pic too!
Jason

CCP

Nice Ar's and nice coyote. I been wanting to see and hear about coyote kills with the .204. What grain bullets you using?
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

songdog

They seem to just pop out anywhere dont they Jim? Congrats on the yote, and that a way to get that running shot... good job :yoyo:

ozarkyoter

Quote from: CCP on November 27, 2007, 07:09:57 PM
Nice Ar's and nice coyote. I been wanting to see and hear about coyote kills with the .204. What grain bullets you using?

CCP, we are still monkeying around with the bullets.  I am using a 35 gr berger and my brother-in-law is using a 40 gr v-max.

Jim

FinsnFur

Nice...very nice  :highclap:
It's good to see some things getting killed, been pretty slow on the board. Nice job!
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com