• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Geese down

Started by BigB, December 28, 2009, 08:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigB

Had some new geese migrate in today, so I put out a dozen full bodies and got to try out my new snow cover on my layout blind.  A flock of honkers came over to check out my spread and two of them didn't leave with the rest of them.  They didn't fall too far away from the dekes either.

Sorry for the cell phone pic.  View from my layout blind to where the birds landed.

I wish the limits were higher for Canada geese, but you can only take 2 geese a day.  It's a lot of work to lug out full body decoys and layout blinds into a field for a chance to shoot 2 geese, but you can't shoot em from the couch.

Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

pitw

Hey your cell phone pics are better than my camera taken ones  :doh2:.  Glad you got your limit and that do sound like a light limit to me :shrug:.  You ever just sit out in the snow dressed in white camo?
I say what I think not think what I say.

BigB

Barry, I just started getting into goose hunting this year.  From what I have heard, geese are getting smarter coming into decoy spreads, and you have to hide really well or else they will flare off before you can get em close enough for a shot.  I haven't been at this game long enough to know yet or not if you can lay out there in just white camo.  I like the layout blind, because it does cover your movements when calling, it has a backrest so you aren't laying completely flat when coming up to shoot, and it does provide some sort of a wind break on those windy days (like it was today).

Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

HaMeR

:yoyo:  I'm glad you got out & was successful!!  :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

pitw

I haven't done it for years but it has worked :wink:.  Have also donned the whites and took them cheap white lawn chairs and tables to sit on while hunting snow geese in brown fields :biggrin:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Those look to be pretty good sized!
Nice job :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com