• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Lexie and Daddy calling coyotes

Started by Joel Hughes, December 10, 2006, 12:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joel Hughes

Lexie will be 4 at the end of this month.  She begged me to take her hunting Friday.  Since her older sister was in school, I figured it would be a good day to try.  We didn't get in a big hurry and just got out around 10:30 or so.  She did great.  She sat pretty still and seldom complained about the cold.  The wanted sooooo bad to blow on her call.  So after I'd decide our stand was done, I'd let her get on it.  It was great.  After a couple stands, I figured she'd be ready to head home, but she said "Let's go sit in another spot".  How can I argue with that?  3rd stand was perfect and we connected on this nice female coyote.  That's actually pretty furred up for my area, so we are having her tanned and if I get real energetic I'll do the skull.

Hope you enjoy.  I am a pretty happy dad that both my girls like to go out predator hunting.  Sometimes I feel bad that they have a crazy dad who cares only about shooting coyotes, and not much on deer, etc. (the norm) :iroll:.  For now, they enjoy it too.  I just hope they continue to show interest.

Here are the pics:

I like this pic.  Shows her sister's pink Bearmanric call, her pink boots, and that's a Barbie necklace around her neck. LOL

A clip from the cheapo digital camera:
http://photos.imageevent.com/hughesj23/predatorhuntingalbum/LexiesCoyote20061208c.MPG

God Bless.
Joel

FinsnFur

Nice Joel. Thanks for sharing it.
You both look proud as peacocks  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Joel,

I think it was the pink shoes that helped call that coyote in.  Or maybe the call from Rick around her neck.  Either way, great pictures.

Jerry

Arkyyoter

Absolutely fantastic Joel.....thanks so much for sharing...and even more for obviously being a great Dad....

Joe

desert dog

Nice pics Joel.  Thanks for sharing with us.

Loren
www.reeselanyards.com

"what you pay for your calls is your business, protecting them is ours"

WhiteHare

NIce going Joel.  Seems like Lexie is pretty smart too.  Knew that dad better make another stand..... :congrats:
WhiteHare Lanyards
Richard Hughes

www.white-hare.com
whitehare@white-hare.com

Bopeye

That's pretty neat Joel...........so far I can't get momma to agree that it is safe to take my five year old with me. You just helped my case out a bunch.  :congrats:

I guess me telling her that I was gonna have him stand about 10 yards into a field with a red jacket on blowing a rabbit distress call hurt my case..........I won't say that again......not even jokingly...... :shrug:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Todd Rahm

Thats way cool Joel!!!!!!!!!!!!  Ya got ya one cute lil' hunter there, and thanks for sharing. I for one always enjoy post about children and their parents getting out together.

Be safe,
Todd

fuzz624

vvarmitr

Brad H

Another great story Joel. Thanks!

I like seeing the kids out there. Keep the stories coming.

Brad

coyotehunter_1

That's simply fantastic!  :congrats:
By the :biggrin: it looks like both daughter and dad had a good time. 
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

keekee

Joel,

Thats GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brent

Smith

Great story and great job on getting your child into the field :congrats:. My children both hunt with me alot and they love it.
Right thing easy, wrong thing hard...