• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

FRIDAY TROUTIN...

Started by nastygunz, April 24, 2009, 10:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

WELL AFTER WORK I SKIPPED DOWN TO A POND FOR SOME CASTING...SAW A FEW FISH RISING....IT WAS BRIGHT AND SUNNY OUT AND I HAD NO EXPECTATIONS OF A LOT OF HOOKUPS...I TRIED A DRY ROYAL COACHMAN....NO ACTION...THEN I PUT ON A RED SAN JUAN WORM....NO CATCHES BUT I DID SEE A SIZEABLE FISH FOLLOW IT IN....SO THEN I SLAPPED ON A PERENNIAL FAVORITE FLY..A GOLD RIBBED HARES EAR....I CAST OUT...LET  SINK A BIT....STRIPPED IT IN SPORADICALLY AND BANG...TROUT ON..AFTER THAT I SETTLED IN TO CASTING OUT...STRIPPING IT IN QUICKLY...THEN STOPPING THE FLY COMPLETELY...THE FISH WERE HITTING IT RIGHT AT THE PAUSE...I CAUGHT 6 BROOK TROUT....1 BROWN TROUT...A PERCH AND A BLUEGILL....ALL FISH WERE RELEASED....TURNED OUT TO BE A GREAT EVENING AFTER ALL...ONE BROOKIE WAS A BRUISER...AND HERES SOME PIX:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

I thought the next to last pic was pretty groovy with the fishes tail whipping up the wall of water.

FinsnFur

I'm hearing ya. Heck of a nice camera to slam all that action to a crystal clear stand still like that.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nastygunz

NOT TO MENTION  REFLEXES LIKE A STRIKING KING COBRA...... :biggrin:.... :innocentwhistle:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nastygunz

HAHA.....Im headin out early tomorrow ...going to a place where I have caught some behemoth brookies before....where I caught the football trout I posted on here somewheres...nothing like stripping that line in and then feeling dead weight....setting the hook and the big ones go deep and rip out the line whoo-hoooo.... :yoyo:

Todd Rahm

Did they get to go back with the salad?  :innocentwhistle:

nastygunz

"STRIPPING IT IN QUICKLY...THEN STOPPING THE FLY COMPLETELY...THE FISH WERE HITTING IT RIGHT AT THE PAUSE...I CAUGHT 6 BROOK TROUT....1 BROWN TROUT...A PERCH AND A BLUEGILL....ALL FISH WERE RELEASED....TURNED OUT TO BE A GREAT EVENING AFTER ALL...ONE BROOKIE WAS A BRUISER...AND HERES SOME PIX"

nastygunz

Well I pounded the water for 2 hours...got 3 light hits and got shut out........thats fishin. :madd: :doh2:

golfertrout

i went fishing in the mnts for 4 days                day one  21 trout all was released                    day 2   25 trout and all was released                   day 3 n 4caught bout 15 each day n all was released       day 5 i headed for home n fished my way out n caught 6 n went home.  wish i had my camera for the fishing contest that would be a goood start

golfertrout