• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

A few pics to share from my turkey season (pic heavy)

Started by BigB, May 07, 2010, 11:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigB

Here's a few pics from my hunting adventures this spring.

Walking from my first set up at first light to where the birds moved off to I stumbled across these:

They were a little dry, but they sure were massive in size!

Turkeys working the field

And a few deer that walked by

In the pics at the top, I've never seen so many strutting Toms in the same field at once this late in the season.  There were 9 strutters in that group.  At first light, they were all in 4 seperate groups, but when they hit the ground, they started migrating towards each other.  There were 4 hens with them that hung around them pretty much all morning. 

Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

FinsnFur

Boy I sure enjoyed that :congrats:
Wow, that was a huge mushroom. Kinda odd to find them under fir trees. Nice find :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

Man you had some nice action around ya.
and them are some huge shrooms !  :yoyo:
Thanks for sharin em with us.
Scott

markTNhunter

:congrats: cool pictures thats some huge mushrooms i like to have a mess of em

pitw

Awesome pictures of a bird I'd love to watch like you have :yoyo:.  Jim does look bad compared to them full tailed units eh :laf:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Hawks Feather

Great pictures and even if a little dry those mushrooms will be tasty.

Jerry

shaddragger

That is quite a pack of longbeards, B ! A very memorable season for you , judging from the pics. Don't get to see that very often!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

Frogman

Cool!!  I like lots of pictures!  Did you end up with any of those turkeys for a good hero shot??

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

BigB

No hero shot, but one of them did take a ride in the truck with me to the taxidermist.   :biggrin:

Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech