• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Could be a little early to do this but........

Started by Biscuit, January 23, 2011, 11:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biscuit

As much as i love calling and killing coyotes im ready for a little warmer weather and ready to start chasing some spring gobblers.   :fingerx:

FinsnFur

I'm not a bird hunter, and I've only had the chance to get out calling coyotes twice so far, but I'm kinda with you on the little warmer weather.  :eyebrownod:

I think I've had my share
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hidehunter

Was watching turkey hunting on TV last night.  Got me all pumped up to.

Quote from: FinsnFur on January 23, 2011, 12:00:11 PM
I'm not a bird hunter,

:holdon:  How does one go through life without chasing turkeys in the spring?
Denver                                           

weedwalker

You're right Biscuit. It is too early. Now go kill some coyotes. :biggrin:

Mallardsr

Deer season just ended here. Now listen close..........

Its to early

Biscuit

:doh2: Weedwalker your right im going first thing in the morning. Been taking a little break here lately only got to hunt couple times last few weeks. I guess the hunting shows on TV got the better part of me!! :innocentwhistle:

KySongDog

I've still got lots of coyotes to educate and so little time to do it.    So spring turkey season will have to wait till...... spring.   :eyebrownod:

CCP

QuoteI've still got lots of coyotes to educate and so little time to do it.

I am with Semp on this one.. I do most my coyote hunting in Feb when the dang Cow Deer hunters get out the woods.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Hawks Feather

I was driving back today after a couple of days with my youngest daughter's family and the sun was out.  So were two flocks of turkeys.  They looked pretty happy to be in the sun.  Now if they would have been in Ohio and not Indiana I would have been happier.

Jerry

weedwalker

The best thing about turkey huntin this time of year is, if you find the turkeys, the coyotes are close by. :eyebrownod:

jeremy

Its like putting up christmas lights before thanksgiving, just aint right. Cold weather yotes for me. Spring will come in due time.
Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway.

John Wayne

KySongDog

Quote from: weedwalker on January 23, 2011, 07:16:42 PM
The best thing about turkey huntin this time of year is, if you find the turkeys, the coyotes are close by. :eyebrownod:

Shush!!  You are giving away our LBL secrets.   :eyebrownod:

weedwalker

FinsnFur

:alscalls: weedwalker
I'm guessing you found some turkeys :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

weedwalker

Turkeys? :shock2: No. I ain't seen no turkeys. :nono: I don't know what Semp is talkin bout. :innocentwhistle:

holtswhitetailtaxidermy

You gonna try to film turkey hunts this spring and add them to your collection?

Biscuit

Yea im going to do some footage for Brandon and Steven. Thought about going to TN the first weekend of april but i dont think the misses was to fond of the idea :noway: ! By the way its good to see you on here. Good bunch of guys on here.

holtswhitetailtaxidermy

Yeah id say she wasnt to happy with that suggestion. Yeah im glad ya told me about it. Im enjoyin it.

Okanagan

Spring is coming too fast for me.  I took a job assignment last Fall that all but killed my winter season of hunting and at my age, it is frustrating to lose a season.  There has been no time to drive to lynx or wolf areas this year, and only bits and pieces of time to look for lion tracks locally.  The only good lion weather we had this entire winter lasted four days and I could not get out at all that week.  I'm still hoping for another "good" snow that puts two inches of tracking snow over everything within 100 miles the night before a day that I can hunt.  :yoyo: We tend to have either way too much snow or none.

BTW What's a turkey? :confused:

Ol joe

hey biscuit how did you get ol holt on here? haha