• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Turkey Season 2011

Started by KySongDog, March 28, 2011, 09:25:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KySongDog

I can't wait for it to begin!  It's only 2 weeks and 5 days away.     Kentucky's season starts April 16 and goes through May 8.   

Anybody else getting wound up and ready for spring turkey season? 

alscalls

I got the fire wood ready....... the dry goods stocked up...... and Awaiting to go live in the woods for a month......  Propane is full....... I will stay at the cabin as much as possible to save driving back and fourth....... CANT WAIT!!! ........  :dance:

Good Luck Semp!
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

pitw

Quote from: Semp on March 28, 2011, 09:25:06 AM
Anybody else getting wound up and ready for spring turkey season?

I sure am :biggrin:.  Only way I get to see the birds and experience the hunt. :wink:

Good luck and don't forget to report the "Thundering Gobbles".
I say what I think not think what I say.

riverboss

I am as well i hope nature kicks it up a notch its still to cool and havent seen much activity yet just alittle gobbeling a couple weeks ago. Good luck to all that hunt the thunder bird.

HaMeR

Been ready for about 3 weeks now Semp!! Good Luck to you & evrybody else that is gonna chaser them thunder chickens!!

April 18th is getting closer every day!!  :biggrin: :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

iahntr

Lookin forward to it here too. April 11th. But would be nice if it'd warm up.
We doin any sort of a contest again this year?
Scott

Todd Rahm

I hate all you guys that have Turkey hunting!!!!!!!!!!!  :argh: Well not really just jealous of ya.  :biggrin:

Hawks Feather

Quote from: Todd Rahm on March 28, 2011, 09:51:01 PM
I hate all you guys that have Turkey hunting!!!!!!!!!!!  :argh: Well not really just jealous of ya.  :biggrin:

This coming from a man who can hunt moose and other big game. 

Jerry

Todd Rahm

Yeah Jerry, but its the simple things I miss like hunting turkeys, squirrels and coons.  :sad:

KyBoarSlayer

Hey Semp,
Its Billy Jack, I'm the one who lost a coyote pelt in the back of your truck at LBL :laf:

Hell yeah we're gettin ready for turkey. My hunting partner and I manage to obtain a lease in Carroll county for deer and turkey. We ran into turkey on the property while scouting, so we're pretty excited for the opener.

I get to take the young un this weekend on the youth hunt, we'll be headed to Clay WMA. There is a fair number of turkey there as well, but it gets really crowded during regular gun season. We hunted there last year and there always seemed to be other hunters trying to call the same bird !! I finally called in a big tom after over an hour and calling and three or four different setups. My hunting partner blew the set up, it was his frist turkey, and he didnt see it when it finallly showed up. I would of have a shot, but he was the only one with a gun ! (that wont happen again.)

Ive been practicing my calls at night after work. I cant wait. Its been cold lately, and I havent heard gobbling in the mornings yet by my house, it could be i'm leaving for work too early.

Good luck to you this turkey season, and I ll keep you posted on that lease, hopefully with a picture of a big un.

Lighterknot

Our opener was this past Saturday and I managed to call in a gobbler for a buddy of mine.  10.25" beard, 7/8" and 1" spurs, 19.5 lbs.  Now it's my turn!  ;)
Chad

KySongDog

Quote from: KyBoarSlayer on March 29, 2011, 06:44:56 AM
Hey Semp,
Its Billy Jack, I'm the one who lost a coyote pelt in the back of your truck at LBL :laf:

Yeah, that was pretty funny.  When I saw that pelt in the bed of my truck the next morning I thought "I bet alcohol was involved in this some how."  :eyebrownod:

Good luck to you and your young'un on the youth hunt.  Be sure to post some pics.  We LUVS pics here at FnF.   :laf:

KySongDog

Quote from: Lighterknot on March 29, 2011, 08:48:44 AM
Our opener was this past Saturday and I managed to call in a gobbler for a buddy of mine.  10.25" beard, 7/8" and 1" spurs, 19.5 lbs.  Now it's my turn!  ;)

Congrats on the bird!   :congrats:  Good luck on your turn!   :thumb2:

I got drawn for the early LBL hunt April 12-13 so I am going to see if I can get a jump on our regular season here in Kentucky.

markTNhunter

CANT WAIT it opens here in tennessee this coming saturday!

nastygunz

Im raring to go...got my favorite calls out in the rig practicing...cant wait  :yoyo:

shaddragger

Been watchin turkey videos for a month now and I am about to DIE if it doesn't get here soon!!! :madd:
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

Biscuit

Semp i am tore up  :jump: Ive been ready for a month. I had to kidnap my friends kid just to take on the youth hunt this weekend. Ive got to watch a bird do the old sideways step before i lose my mind. Wife will be glad when i can get out of the house with my calls too. :madd:
Good luck in the LBL and keep us all posted.

Way to go Lighterknot :yoyo:

holtswhitetailtaxidermy

I been ready for turkey season since it ended last year. Get to take a guy at work hunting for his first turkey hunt this year. Hope to have some pics to put on here of his first long beard.

George Ackley

Todd just get on a plane we gots all the turkey you like :eyebrownod:
Lift Your Truck, Fat Girls Cant Jump

Silencer

We're stoked and ready, taking Devon on the youth hunt Apr. 23, and our opener is Apr. 30th.