• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Camo patters

Started by riverboss, November 28, 2011, 07:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

riverboss

What is the best camo pattern for hard woods? I need some new hunting stuff.

shaddragger

Realtree AP is hard to beat.
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

KySongDog

I don't believe the type of camo matters much.  Or even if camo is necessary at all.

It is most important not to move.  Animals key on movement.  If you move, the best camo in the world won't matter much.

FinsnFur

Semp has spoken no truer words.

I sounded like some Yoda philosopher there didnt I?   :laf: :eyebrow:

Ok, anyway...you forgot to mention whether or not you got, get, or expect snow? Regular camo up here dont get used much. We need some, I say we need some white in ours. :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

centerfire_223

If I were going to buy new camo, the only kind I would get is leafy wear. I have had coyotes run up to 10 yards and try their best to find me. You could see them trying to stare a hole through me, that stuff really works.

Do I think you have to have it, no not all of the time. That is if you sit still but there is always movement. Every advantage you can stack in your favor you are only helping yourself.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

riverboss

Ive killed alot of stuff without it but i feel that it helps the animals are camoed by nature so we cant see them as good so it helps us so others cant see us as good. I have a light weight leafy suit and a snow coverup suit but i dont have any cold weather stuff like bibs.

centerfire_223

I buy my leafy suit a little big and put it on over everything else.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

markTNhunter

Mossy Oak breakup ive had turkeys with in 5 feet of me while wearing mossy oak but i also agree with semp if you move it dosent matter what you wearing your gona get busted!

iahntr

When I buy camo I usually go for what style I like best, or what features it has that I want,
then I look at price tags  :eyebrownod:, and then I look at what brand camo it comes in. So
the brand, isn't as important to me. With that being said, a few I like are, Mossy Oak Break Up, Mossy
Oak Treestand, Realtree AP. I agree on the movement aspect of it, but I definitely think they
can pick up the movement a whole lot easier when you don't blend in. 
Scott