• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Coulter?

Started by pitw, October 24, 2015, 11:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

Would he be into something like this?

I say what I think not think what I say.

Coulter

Dang it...your killing me Barry!  :doh2: Here I sit playing on my stupid computer knowing full well I just dropped a pile of money on my NY state hunting and trapping licenses yesterday and didn't even go out hunting ducks up there today. Then you tease me with this little gem. So are non-residents permitted to shoot snows?

Honestly, I was just checking in on a few things on the computer. I have a ton of stuff to do around the house including trap prep, that's why I didn't hunt NY today.

Thanks for sharing the videos though...do you guys hunt them up there?

Okanagan

Ya outa make a run up to Barry's place.  Trip of a lifetime into goose hunting paradise.

Barry, thanks for posting the geese.  The sounds of a zillion geese take me back to my childhood sitting in sage above the Snake River in E. WA with my Dad under horizon to horizon migrating geese. 

pitw

Steve, you can hunt waterfowl up here without a guide. 
Ok, I spent the morning up there just enjoying the noise.  I also took a few more pics but I also got requisitioned to go fencing for a landowner as I got caught doing nothing. :innocentwhistle:  I'll post pics tonight when I ain't having sooooooooooo much fun.

Dave

Yeah Steve, they'd be too hard to find without a guide!

That is unbelievable! - Thanks for posting it.

Hawks Feather

Quote from: Dave on October 25, 2015, 02:06:14 PM
Yeah Steve, they'd be too hard to find without a guide!

And that is the reason that you need to take Dave and me along  -  to serve as a guide.   :innocentwhistle:

Barry, thanks for the post.  I think even I could hit one with that many.

Jerry

Coulter

You guys would be surprised how hard they are to hunt even in quantities like that. We see numbers down in Chincoteague, VA every January that rival what was in Barry's clips. Our snow goose tally over five years or so stands at two. Of course we weren't targeting them,  but they just don't decoy all that well when there are that many birds.

So Jerry, you want us to just swing by Toledo and pick you up on our way across 90 to Alberta? We'll all stay at Barry's place. I'm sure he won't mind a bit. You have 500 or so snow goose decoys? Are they mostly silos or should I bring along the trailer?

FinsnFur

Im still hung up on Barry posting videos :huh: I cant believe it  :thumb2:
Youve come so farrrrr :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

I wanted to sell a couple items with motors so had to learn how to post to You tube. :madd:
Steve is right on with the comment about hunting the huge flocks of snows.

Hawks Feather

Quote from: Coulter on October 25, 2015, 06:42:05 PM
So Jerry, you want us to just swing by Toledo and pick you up on our way across 90 to Alberta? We'll all stay at Barry's place. I'm sure he won't mind a bit. You have 500 or so snow goose decoys? Are they mostly silos or should I bring along the trailer?

I have a shotgun and shells.  Isn't that all you need to kill birds when there are that many?

Jerry

Coulter

Nope, a rifle may be better suited with a good sharp eye. Wait is that legal?...probably not even in Canada, nevermind. :doh2:

They just don't come into good shotgun range very readily Jerry. Even with a huge decoy spread out you're lucky to have a flock or two peel off from the main flock and give your spread a looksee. That's why theyre so stinking overpopulated and wreaking havoc on the artcic tundra and nesting grounds of other waterfowl. They've become a real nuisance. Much more so than the Canadas...Geese, not Barry :innocentwhistle: