• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

The fall season begins.

Started by coyote101, October 19, 2019, 12:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

[/quote]

We are allowed a total of six each year. Two gobblers in the spring and one gobbler and three hens, or four hens in the fall. A very liberal limit which I try to take advantage of.  :biggrin:

Pat
[/quote]

We are only allowed one per year and it is a draw.  If applying for Goulds forget it, I am going to put my nine year old in for the draw, by the time he is in his thirties he might get drawn.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

pitw

I've shot a lot of rocks at critters and would sure try a turkey if I had them here.  Wife cae home with 4 new slingshots for me as she found them on sale.  I've hit a few moose but they don't even really notice :iroll:.  Ruffed grouse I've ate because I used a slingshot and one goose that I managed to break a wing on. 
I say what I think not think what I say.

nastygunz

I hit a moose with a thrown rock once  :yoyo:  I buy bags of marbles at the dollar store for my slingshot ammunition.

Okanagan

Quote from: pitw on October 23, 2019, 06:43:08 PM
I've shot a lot of rocks at critters and would sure try a turkey if I had them here.  Wife cae home with 4 new slingshots for me as she found them on sale.  I've hit a few moose but they don't even really notice :iroll:.  Ruffed grouse I've ate because I used a slingshot and one goose that I managed to break a wing on.

Wow!  You must be good with a slingshot!  I had a cousin who could hit pert near anything he shot at with one, but I never was any good.  I've killed more grouse than I can remember by throwing rocks (as a good many western men have) but was so poor with  slingshot that I never tried it. 

pitw

Quote from: Okanagan on October 24, 2019, 08:13:21 AM
Quote from: pitw on October 23, 2019, 06:43:08 PM

Wow!  You must be good with a slingshot!  I had a cousin who could hit pert near anything he shot at with one, but I never was any good.  I've killed more grouse than I can remember by throwing rocks (as a good many western men have) but was so poor with  slingshot that I never tried it.

Good with a slingshot made me  :alscalls:.  I just shoot a lot so I guess you could call it the shotgun effect Kinda/sorta.  This thread took me memory back to when I was 16.  An old boy who needed help to keep hunting took me out West in search of Moose[we didn't have any around here then].  While driving a bad two track into where we would set up camp a spruce grouse was standing on the road.  Ol' Floyd said stop so he could get his 22 and get supper for us.  I said he didn't need no damb gun for this as there were lots of baseball size dried out mud balls on the ground.  Ol' Floyd allowed me to try as he was that kinda feller who enjoyed watching a fool and his actions.  I got out and grabbed a mud ball and threw, I missed where that bird was standing by about 12 feet left and 6 foot high.  That dang bird flew as I threw and I'll be dambed if he didn't fly right into the missile.  Ol' Floyd never missed a beat as he said, "Nice lead". :alscalls:   We laughed about that for as long as it took to clean and cook supper.
I say what I think not think what I say.

nastygunz

nastygunz

I hope Pat never runs into this gobbler :innocentwhistle:

riverboss

Tell me about your fiber optic ball thrower nasty!

Sent from my Vivo XI using Tapatalk

nastygunz

There are some amazing slingshot videos on YouTube. Some of those guys are downright snipers. I noticed that they all shoot so the slingshot is sideways and use the top Arm to aim with. A split finger grip.  When I was shooting a lot this summer I got pretty good at nailing a soda can just about every time.  I find that sideways split finger slingshot  way of shooting to be a lot easier and more accurate than a traditional handle grip straight up and down shooting position.

nastygunz

This guy has some really good tips and he is from Vermont and won that survival show! He has some really interesting videos.

riverboss

Man that's some awesome shooting! I'm going to have to look into getting me one of those!
I think I would like it better than a nice pellet rifle.

nastygunz

They are a ton of fun for sure.  I go to the dollar store and buy these giant bags of marbles and use them for ammo. I honestly have more fun shooting a slingshot and a blowgun and BB gun and pellet guns then I do real guns. It's a lot cheaper and quieter ha ha.
I would highly recommend one of these bad boys:

https://www.amazon.com/Cold-Steel-Blowgun-Hunting-Weapon/dp/B00169OGX6/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI792BhuuS5gIVOYNaBR2R2A30EAAYASAAEgJ3v_D_BwE&hvadid=397154520695&hvdev=t&hvlocphy=9002387&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t1&hvqmt=b&hvrand=3277449862106513497&hvtargid=kwd-296654511766&hydadcr=16503_9854772&keywords=cold+steel+625+magnum&qid=1575147944&sr=8-6

riverboss

It doesn't open for me nasty!

nastygunz

Just google cold steel magnum blowgun. Tim Wells taking a black bear with the same blowgun:

riverboss

Watched that video, that guys hammered those bears!
I had a blow gun Once it was kind of cool but I used to make sling shots all the time, I like them better. How much do you pay for marbels?

nastygunz

$1.00 a bag at the dollar store.

riverboss

Thats a good deal, I don't know if ours sells them here.