• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Burgoo

Started by coyote101, February 10, 2020, 07:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

I made a big pot of burgoo to feed my group one night at the LBL hunt:

It has squirrel, rabbit, wild turkey, carrots, green beans, corn, okra, lima beans, onion, celery, mushrooms, cabbage, tomatoes, and beef broth. Got the squirrels while hunting with topdawg, Kysongdog, and CCP at LBL in December, the rabbits while hunting with some local friends, and the turkey during the last fall season on the farm I hunt. It turned out pretty good.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

nastygunz

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, that look goot!

pitw

Looks great.  Love meals with some of everything in em. 
I say what I think not think what I say.

Okanagan

Scrumtious looking!  Wish I could taste that.

slagmaker

Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

JohnP

Burgoo, never heard the name is it a southern dish, or something you made up?  Whatever it looks good and tasty.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

coyote101

Quote from: JohnP on February 11, 2020, 09:41:56 AM
Burgoo, never heard the name is it a southern dish, or something you made up? 

John,

It is kind of a mulligan stew. In these parts it was traditionally venison, rabbit and turkey, or some combination of 3 meats, and a lot of vegetables. The last time I made it, it was venison, wild hog, and squirrel. If you buy it at a restaurant around here it is usually made with smoked pulled pork.

Pat 
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

riverboss

It sure smelled good!

Sent from my Vivo XI using Tapatalk