• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Deer and bear hunt - Goshen ,Virginia

Started by blackfish, June 06, 2007, 10:10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackfish

Howdy All ,
                     I was thinking of hunting Va. this year as it is fairly close ( 7hrs) .  Virginia Bear hunting tags are reasonable , big game tags  are close to a buck and a half. With the price of gas and the border hassle , Cananda doesn't seem like a good bet although I like hunting up north! Any way another   Plus for Va, I can hunt with my Muzzleloaders  fer about 15 days or longer!  Was wondering if we have anybody  aboard that hunts this area or near here. An old neighbor  camps and hunts on Little North Mountain WLMA and I was thinking of starting here , as I can camp fer free. So  any Va Hunters HERE? :wo:
       Jimmie
You don't never wanta do no assumtin' !
            Henry Frapp

awh

:biggrin:....yeap. Born and raised. Never bear hunted but have some friends that do. Never heard of Little North Mountain. Give me a shout. I'll help in any way I can.

Danny
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

blackfish

Thank You Danny ,I will do that.   Little north mountain wildlife area is right there below Goshen , maybe you know it by another name :wo:
    I use to hunt alot in WV near n/o Marlinton and over on top of Cheat mountain with my Grandfather years ago. But now a bear tag is over $150,which is still a good deal . I just thought a change might bring me some Luck plus tis good to see and hunt new grounds!!
                       Jimmie
You don't never wanta do no assumtin' !
            Henry Frapp

awh

Goshen is about 2.5-3 hours above us. Never hunted that area but think I know I guy I sent some calls to that may live near there. I'll shoot him a message and see what he says. He seemed to be a pretty good guy from what I talked to him.
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.