• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Ever see one of these?

Started by nailbender, May 29, 2007, 07:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nailbender

Found this on the ground at the local range the other day.  I didn't know they made such a thing. It's a plastic case .223 round. 
   Anyone seen these before??  Headstamp reads 223 REM  PCA 03

rwehuntn

It looks like a simunitions round. They are training ammo used kinda like painball on steroids, the military and law enforcement use them.

ROOSTER

I've seen them at the range before. They are junk. Not a simunition , just junk.

FinsnFur

What do they use when they simulate the 3 shots for memorial day celebration. It's just an  empty cartridge. Would that be somehting like that.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

The old .308s used a shell that was necked down to about  a .22 size and then sealed off with a piece of cardboard.  I had a bunch of them that I was sure would work really good, after all it was first class military brass - WRONG.  I cut off necks, opened necks, trimmed necks, broke LOTS of depriming pins and in the end took it to the recycling center.  Later found out that the .308 was usually used for training for machine guns.  The 30-06 that was used at my father's funeral was normal brass with a cardboard cover.

Jerry

Bopeye

Not sure.....but that looks like a plastic cartridge........ :innocentwhistle:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

awh

Hey Bop...I think nailbender was anticipating your response as the finger in the pic is half way to a southern hello....LOL
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

Bopeye

It just so happens I have a picture of me waving like that............I'll post it some time.  :eyebrownod:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

ohiobob

Quote from: FinsnFur on May 29, 2007, 07:43:54 PM
What do they use when they simulate the 3 shots for memorial day celebration. It's just an  empty cartridge. Would that be somehting like that.

Jim
in 1982 they used a crimped blank,dont know what they use now days :shrug: I think they should use the .50 BMG
let EVERYONE KNOW a soldier or a former soldier died :eyebrow:,hell I think when a Vet dies they should give EVERYONE in the family free AMMO for life !!!
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

CavTrooper

That thing is an actual plastic cartridge. I saw some boxes of it down at Knob Creek the other day... I wouldnt use the junk. As far as blanks go, they just crimp the ends and seal with wax, 5.56, 7.62, .50, they do it all the same way. The simunitions are low power rounds with a paint/chalk type projectile.

coyotehunter_1

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

nailbender

Doesn't look like it's proven enough for public sale to me.   Interesting, but there is already too much plastic in the world.

Jrbhunter

That picture almost looks like a hoax, just because we're so used to seeing brass.  Very cool.

TNyoteboy

Great hunter...Yes?....Yessss
Fine figure of a man?....Yes
That is all you need to know...for now!

FinsnFur

Interesting article TNyoteboy, thanks
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates