• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Take a Kid Hunting!

Started by FOsteology, October 15, 2007, 07:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FOsteology

My boys have been very fortunate as I take them out hunting, fishing, and shooting every chance we get. There are many kids who don't have the same opportunity, for a multitude of reasons....

My nephews (age 14, 15, and 16) have never been given the opportunity to experience the outdoors, and recently have expressed an interest.

This weekend I loaded them all up and we made a trip to a Ranch my friend manages outside Hondo.

After a discussion and demonstration regarding safety, we introduced the boys to shooting. The boys soon got the hang of shooting a .22WMR and had a great time and did very well.

Over the course of two days the boys learned a little bit about wildlife and their management. Many deer were observed, as well as a multitude of various wildlife they had never seen before aside from television and books.

I'm proud and happy to say each young man was successful and have a greater respect for wildlife as well as a desire to learn more.

Rifle and load used: Remington 700 SS BDL .270 Win with Remington Reduced Recoil 115gr. PSP Core-Lokt.

wv_yoter

Looks like they really got the hang of shooting. I'm sure they had a great time, as they all got a trophy.
Jason

Hawks Feather

Way to go FOs.  Far too often I limit my sharing of the outdoors with only my own kids.  This is the way to get others involved.  The only problem I have with relatives is that most of the kids have shot more deer than I have.  My cousin Bob's daughter has harvested four deer and she is 15.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Two cool!  :yoyo: That's what it's about right there?

Where you from FO~ Got a little Indian in ya  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

FOsteology

Quote from: FinsnFur on October 15, 2007, 09:27:34 PM
Two cool!  :yoyo: That's what it's about right there?

Where you from FO~ Got a little Indian in ya  :wink:

No, I'm of Scottish and Swedish decent. 

These boys are one my brother in-laws kids. They're of Mexican decent,.... although I do believe their mother's side of the tree has some Indian (Aztec) blood.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

vvarmitr

A couple of days of teaching 'em & you got 'em killing deer!   WOW! :shck:

I only have one question ... will you teach me to hunt too, please? :biggrin:
:laf: :eyebrownod: :laf:

Seriously tho' Good job! :wink:

keekee

Very, Very Cool! Thats awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yoyo: :yoyo: My hats off to you!

Brent

fuzz624

:highclap:  Way to go man.Give them all a big congrats from us.I bet they are hooked now.

Silencer

FOsteology

Resurrecting an old thread!

Hard to believe it's been six years! About a year after this hunt, my nephews moved away with their mother, and I basically lost touch with them. This morning I see this young man digging around doing some work in one of my wife's koi ponds..... he addresses me as "Tio" (Uncle). I'm like...wtf... who are you? I didn't even recognize him.  :alscalls:

Six years ago:

This morning:

FinsnFur

Did you draw on him? lol

They grow just like weeds :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

possumal

They do grow so fast we miss out completely if we are not careful.  The young man looks fine to me.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff