• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

08 Spring turkey,,,

Started by George Ackley, March 14, 2008, 09:48:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Ackley

08 Spring turkey,,,
when will your season open, and what is your you bag limit ???

We dont open till last weekend in April,,,, we can harvest 2 toms with extra spring tag.

Ya,,, I AM LOOKING TO HIT THE ROAD :eyebrow:
Lift Your Truck, Fat Girls Cant Jump

HaMeR

April 21st @ 6:11AM!! 2 Toms!!

Only 38 more days & a wakeup!!  :eyebrow:  But who is counting right??  :shrug:  :roflmao:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

MDM

opens here in middle tennessee on march 29th with the bag limit of 4 bearded turkeys. This is my first year hunting them so wish me luck  :eyebrow:

Silencer

I'm in the same boat with George, I didnt send for the extra tag  :rolleye:

studabaka

April 12th.... two gobblers...in NC
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

nailbender

April 14, 2 Toms in Iowa.

centerfire_223

March 15th in the low country and April 1st here in the upstate of SC, w/ a 5 gobbler limit.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

George Ackley

centerfire,

Any public land around ya??
I was down there deer hunting last year at Bostick plantation,,, it was there worst hunt I ever been on.
i strait up got robbed ,
I going to try public land this year down there again in August .. still trying for a good buck in velvet

ps
i did love that SC sweet tea :eyebrownod:

BigB

season in Kansas is from April 9 - May 31, with a bag limit of 2 Toms.

hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

Coulter

Hey Silencer you can still get that extra turkey tag...the deadline to apply is April 1. I'm sending mine in tomorrow :biggrin:

Steve

George Ackley

SSHHIT,,

It's all about priority's pal if your just getting your tag out now son your priority's are all wrong  :eyebrownod:
they start taken tag the 1 of January
I sent my tag out new years eve ,, made the wife stand in her party dress wile i mailed off the importing thing i had to do new years eve :eyebrownod:

Coulter

Nah...I've got my priorities all straight George. I'm just one of then biggest procastinators on the planet :huh: I never even sent for one last year, you would have thought I would have learned from that, but nope. It will be in the mail tomorrow though :biggrin:

Steve

cb223

Michigan season starts April 17.

I'm really jealous of all you guys. 2,4 and even 5 tags!!!!  I get 1 and only 1.

Maybe I should be trying for some out of state tags.
CHAD

HaMeR

cb223-- Ohio charges $125 for an annual NonRes liscense plus $24/tag.  If you're close enough to Ohio that will allow you to hunt everything here until Feb 28th, 2009. The deer/turkey tags are $24 apiece as well. NW Ohio has a good bit of public land also. The exception is the Lake La Su An Wildlife Area in Williams County which is the most NW of our counties. It borders Michigan & Indiana.

HTH
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

cb223

That don't sound like to bad a deal at all. I'm about 2 hours away from NW corner of Ohio.

Are the tags over the counter or do I have to apply?
CHAD

HaMeR

I'm gonna say OTC. I don't recall EVER hearing we have an application process for any of our tags. You can go online & get them too. Contact Jerry (HawksFeather). He's up that way & could maybe lead you to some decent public land to help you get started on.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11