• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Tracking your kills.

Started by yucca, July 15, 2008, 01:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TA17rem

Quote:100 coyotes a year is an impressive number for calling. You must live in a great coyote state to do that..

If you reread my post: i said i put up over 100 coyotes a year, did'nt say i called that many.
I hunt in two states, most of my calling is done in S.D. and i hunt at home with a group of guys and also do a little bit of calling there as well... We don't have large numbers here like the western or southern states and we cover over 60 square miles or more..T/A

Bopeye

Just out of curiousity TA17, which southern states have more coyotes than South Dakota?  :wo:

Only thing I can figure is that you are talking about Texas or some state west of the "Big River".  :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

TA17rem

Bopeye. I'm refering to Texas, Az, Ok, Mo. and i here Kentucky has quit a few...

yucca

Quote from: TA17rem on July 20, 2008, 08:52:40 PM
Quote:100 coyotes a year is an impressive number for calling. You must live in a great coyote state to do that..

If you reread my post: i said i put up over 100 coyotes a year, did'nt say i called that many.
I hunt in two states, most of my calling is done in S.D. and i hunt at home with a group of guys and also do a little bit of calling there as well... We don't have large numbers here like the western or southern states and we cover over 60 square miles or more..T/A

Still impressive hunting and calling. When you hunt do you have more success trough spot and stalk or drives?

TA17rem

I would say its 50/50. I still take the same number of coyotes every year that i would get if i hunt and stalk them..
We don't really do drives here like the deer hunters do.
   One hunter takes after a track or bedded coyote here and other just post in key spots and hope it gets buy the tracker...