• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Fox with a brogue.

Started by Ladobe, December 04, 2006, 06:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ladobe

Thought you might enjoy a picture a close friend sent me from a fox hunt in England.  Details below...

RL couldn't find a brand of store bought calls he was happy with the sound of, and a couple of US custom call makers had tried but failed.     I told him I would give it a go, so he sent me a very detailed decription of exactly what he wanted for each call.   Lots of T&E later I sent him a set with newly designed sound chambers and reeds I made that produced the tone, pitch and volume I thought he wanted.   Must have got it right, this fox was taken on the sets first stand.   Nice picture taken by him with a fine vixen.   Happy buddy.

Tally Ho!
USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

FinsnFur

Beautiful  :congrats:
Looks like that shot was taken with a pretty nice camera too.  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Arkyyoter

That old junky rifle ain't bad either  :wink:  Nice job ...

Joe

Hawks Feather

Joe is right.  Only junky rifles have set triggers.  Doesn't look to be too long of an action, maybe 22 Hornet?  Ladobe, do you know?

Jerry

THO Game Calls

Beautiful fox.  Nice stock on that gun too. 

Al
THO Game Calls
www.togamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Ladobe

Jerry/Joe -

Yeppers, he mostly uses his 22 Hornets for fox.   His ranges are usually short by our standards (out west anyway), although he took 2 that day at around 80 yards.   He also uses a custom rifle in 250 KLENCHBLAIZE (from the 6X47 Swiss Match case), but it really tears up pelts unless the shots are much longer.   So that one is more his Scottish go to rifle where it does double duty for both fox and deer.

Set triggers equal junky rifles huh?    :wo:   :wink:   
Well, my c. 1949 BRNO 465ZKW 22 Hornet with rare beautiful wood is far from junky.    Ditto my CZ 221 Fireball with 100% fiddleback and excellent color and contrast, or any of several of my traditional muzzle loader rifles or pistols.   Set triggers can come in pretty handy sometimes.

Al -

One of these days I'll have to take pictures to post of a bunch of my rifles and specialty pistols with awesome wood on them.  I've been lucky to acquire some very fine ones.

L.
USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

vvarmitr

Quote from: Ladobe on December 08, 2006, 01:07:58 PM
One of these days I'll have to take pictures to post of a bunch of my rifles and specialty pistols with awesome wood on them.  I've been lucky to acquire some very fine ones.

Yea, yea, yea, yea, please do, please do!!!. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: