• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

5 days of fishing

Started by Todd Rahm, July 26, 2009, 08:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Rahm

Well spent several days floating the Gulkana, a day at Tangle lakes, a day at the Klutina river fishing for Red Salmon, and a day fishing my way back home. Here some pics to share.

Caught a couple of lake trout on the fly  where the Gulkana flows out of Pason Lake.

Camp

Caught a good number of bows on the float.

One of several old trapper cabins on the float. I think the said this one was left over from around 1912.

Close up of a Grayling (Caught a crap load of these)

Klutina River

Ken flying while I float the boat.

Then to Tangle Lakes where the Grayling got bigger, and caught more....more....and more. These guys were 15 inchers all day long with a couple of bigger ones.

Ken cooking some of our catch for lunch. We were fishing right off the back side of this hill.

Hawks Feather

Todd,

Looks like a really good time and the pictures are really nice.  Where are the bear pictures?  I thought they loved to fish as much as you do.

Jerry

Bills Custom Calls

Thanks for the pics Todd

Looks like you should of had a bigger skillet  :laf:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Todd Rahm

Saw one bear Jerry but hoped we would have floated close enough to it, to unleash the .454 on it, so wwe didn't have the cameras ready.

Bill the 12 inch skillet was all we had on hand.

The camp pic you see, wwe set that up in the evening and notice the next moring it was right under an eagle nest with a lil one in it.

FinsnFur

Man I cant believe how beautiful it is up there.
And those fish look so colorful and pure compared to the stuff we pull out of the mighty Mississippi down here. They almost look fake they are so brilliant.

Awesome pics, thanks for taking us along. That would be a wonderful get away :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

Very nice pics Todd.  :congrats: :congrats: Great scenery! Looks like a lot of fun!
The old cabin's cool too. Thanks for takin the time and sharin em with us.
Scott

vvarmitr

I'd probably take up fishing if it was like that.

Tell me Todd, did you get tired of eating fresh trout for 5 days?  :shrug:
I'd be willing to try it. :eyebrow:

pitw

Totally wonderful pics Todd.  I especially enjoy the toque :innocentwhistle:  Are the bugs bad up there or is that something I hear about to just try and keep me away?  I'm going to go eat now as I suddenly have a hunger on. :shrug:
I say what I think not think what I say.

alscalls

WOW man GREAT pics......... :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:

What did you do give up naps.... or get a way cooler job!?   :laf:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Todd Rahm

Thanks fellas,

VV, I supplemented my fish diet on that trip with Mountian House meals, Oatmeal and snack bars.  :biggrin: But the fish was good too.

Al, I still work week on week off, and was lucky enough to do that on my of week.

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Tikaani

Great pictures Todd.  Looks like you had a great time, good to see you getting out.  The Copper River valley area is beautiful.  Area 13, Paxson and Tangle Lakes areas have a lot of bears right now, not surprised you saw one.

John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

5 SHOTS

sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

Hidehunter

Awesome Pics... Id love to be there
Denver                                           

Coulter

Now thats what I'm talking about...that looks like it was some serious fun. It almost makes me want to clean the dust off of my fly rods. Well if we had that kind of fishing around here that is. I'm not much for catching stock trout and natives the size of fingerlings anymore.

I love the old trappers shack too, that is cool. Was there anything left inside it? I have to go tend to my macaroni and cheese now :doh2:

Todd Rahm

Nothing in the cabin as far as I could tell, but it would be a blast to have a metal detector there.  :biggrin:

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls