• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Shotgun Pattern.

Started by nastygunz, May 10, 2011, 11:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

So after a cold windy overcast morning in the turkey woods...my brother and I went and blasted off a few rounds...

so he wanted to shoot my Mossberg 835 Ultramag..3 1/2 inch Fiocci #5 shot turkey rounds...in the lower right hand side of the pic you can see the rest he shot off and he is standing down range by the target....longggggggggggggg shot...I told him youll be lucky to even get a pellet in it from here....

well he let er rip...surprisingly there was a pretty good amount of pellet holes in the target...and a huge hole right through it!...where were like wth did that?...after some examination it appears the wad flipped over in the air like a badminton shuttlecock and the base of the wad became the nose of the projectile and blew through 2 pieces of cardboard and a corrugated backing paper...pretty wild especially at that range...my longest turkey using that combo was a 22 1/2 pounder and it flattened him at a laser ranged 48 yards...

Todd Rahm

I'd say outside of being a nice look'r, she's a kill'r too.  :biggrin:

HaMeR

Not too bad for a one eyed bandit!!  :laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

shaddragger

:thumb2: The hammer Mossberg! Isn't that a factory choke? I haven't found one that patterns better in my gun!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen