• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

I have been remiss

Started by coyote101, December 02, 2011, 07:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

Back at the LBL gathering in February I received a couple of very special gifts which I failed to acknowledge. So this is my belated "Thank you" to Fozzybear and slagmaker.

Fozzybear made this necklace with elk bone, buffalo horn, buckskin and a turtle foot. It is very cool and is prominently displayed in my man cave.

slagmaker made this knife from a blank and a piece of deer antler. I'm left handed and the handle is perfectly curved to fit my left hand.

It is very sharp and about a week after LBL I used it to skin my first coyote. I salt dried the pelt and sent to Idaho for tanning.

It came out pretty nice, and here is the knife displayed on the fur:

Thanks fellas, I appreciate it very much.

Pat

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

shaddragger

Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

Scott

Yotehntr

Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

slagmaker

For my part the knife was a very much appreciated thank you for allowing us to stay at your cabin and putting up with Darrin's and my snoring. I do hope you get to skin many more coyotes, deer and other assorted game and fur bearing animals with it. It should hold up to everyday use as that was my intention when making it. Just wish I could have made a sheath to go with it. My leather working skills are not what i would like them to be yet.

Hope to see you at the 2012 LBL
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

HaMeR

Those are some really nice items you fellas made!! And for a purdy nice guy too.  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Bopeye

My, my, my..........aren't those nice. I like all of them very much. The knife is a real piece of work. The coyote pelt looks like it came out primo and that necklace is one heck of an eye catcher. The turtles foot is a real neat little piece. I had seen where they used the shells for blackpowder possibles bags. The heads for all kinds of stuff decoration style, but this is the first time I saw a foot used. What a treat to see.  :congrats:

Thank you for sharing this Pat.  :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free