• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Schrade Knives is NO MORE

Started by FinsnFur, December 07, 2011, 09:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

I didnt know these guys closed their doors :wo:

Doing a search tonight on Schrade knives. I've go an old Uncle Henry 5" folding lockback that lost it's tension in the mechanism that locks the blade open.
And I found this...
Imperial Schrade closed their doors July 30, 2004, after 100 years of business. We will not be able to restock our Schrade inventory as it sells out. There will be no more original Schrade knives produced, making the few Schrade knives we have left extremely collectable.

http://www.knivesplus.com/schrade-knives.html
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hidehunter

I didnt know that either.  They made a dandy knife.  My favorite knife is a schrade.
Denver                                           

Hawks Feather

Either they made a LOT of knives before going out of business or their sales are a little slow.  I would have thought that after 7 years there would not be any in stock anywhere.

Jerry

bigben

I knew they moved their production to china.  but I thought they were still making knives.  your sure they just didn't close the american production companys doors?
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

FinsnFur

I dont know......if they did then this Taylor Brands company is lying :shrug:

Here's the whole article which sounds like as mentioned they are done closed and ceased production, but Taylor Brands is duplicating them.

Uncle Henry Knives manufactured by the Imperial Schrade Corporation closed their doors July 30, 2004, after 100 years of business. There will be no more original Schrade Uncle Henry knives produced. However popular name brands and designs are in demand by the public, and as Mark Twain once said, "Reports of my Demise are Greatly Exaggerated".

Thanks to Taylor Brands LLC, which purchased the intellectual property rights to all of the Old Timer, Schrade, and Uncle Henry Knives, these great classics live again. Taylor has recreated the original patterns, and made these Classics available to the public once more. The only sad note is that they are now imported from China to keep the prices low.

Uncle Henry Knives are genuine classics. The Uncle Henry knife line, made by the new Schrade, is a selection of pocket knives, lock blades, fixed blade hunters, etc. that are built for use, with Staglon handles, brass liners, nickel silver bolsters, and stainless steel blades.

For almost 100 years, since 1904, the Schrade and Uncle Henry name products have been manufactured with superior materials and expert craftsmanship. Made Schrade Tough, Schrade's Uncle Henry and Old Timer knife products have been carried by generations of Americans, and prized for their reliability, durability and value.

Deeply rooted in the Uncle Henry tradition, the Schrade Knife family tree includes Old Timer Knives and Uncle Henry Knives.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

Now they are called " Old Peasant " and Uncle Mao".... :innocentwhistle:

"Deeply rooted in the Uncle Henry tradition, the Schrade Knife family tree includes Old Timer Knives and Uncle Henry Knives."

Rich

We will need to make certain that any Schrade knife that we buy now has "made in U.S.A." stamped on it. I have at least ONE Schrade fixed blade knife that I used for skinning. Those knives held a good sharp edge fairly well. I use Buck knives now.
Foxpro Field staff
--------------------------------------

Yote Buster

I owned alot of Schrade knifes in my day.  They where handy, use to go in any Hardware store and they carried them right on the counter, My younger days.... :confused:  But there is nothing like a CaseXXX :eyebrow: In my eyes!!!!
1 Shot, 1 Kill, it is what it is