• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

The best part of Spring...

Started by nastygunz, March 12, 2021, 08:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

remrogers

My favorite trout! Caught a pot load of them in Colorado when I was younger.

Coyotes-R-Us

old is the new young

pitw

Your water looks a mite more fluidish than ours. :shrug:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Hawks Feather

Looks like you had fish for supper.

nastygunz

Thats from last year,  The water is still mostly frozen.

FinsnFur

Nice looking trout too. Our ice is just out. Now when the 70mph winds of March lay... down it's game on :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

Supposed to be about 60° here for the next week .

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

Quote from: Coyotes-R-Us on March 13, 2021, 09:24:37 AM
:confused:
Trout, the beginer fish...

Ouch!   :laf: 

Bullhead catfish followed by bluegills were the beginner fish in my youth.  Then I graduated to crappie and then little rainbow trout planted in a lake.  Love brookies but have caught most of mine in their gaudy Fall colors, don't think I've ever fished for them in spring.

Coyotes-R-Us

Sorry . Out here there a dime a dozen. You start your 5-year-old on crick fishing for brookies and a worm. Never lets them down. :congrats:
old is the new young

HaMeR

Warming up quite nicely here in EC Ohio. Haven't had any ice for over 2 weeks now & this past storm brought the lakes up to within 2'. Like Jim,, I'm waiting for the winds to blow on by.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Okanagan

A couple of my friends have been catching some big 18-22 inch rainbow trout in a lake a half hour from here but I haven't been out.

Hummingbirds been around for a month, mowed the lawn last week, trapped my first mole about Feb. 1, daffodils popping out, snow squalls ranging over the nearby mountains most days.  I love the spring snow but it seldom stays long enough to be worth trying to find tracks,.  It sticks up high and stockpiles our water for the summer, but at elevations where there are roads, it melts within hours usually.

nastygunz

We like to start the kids out fishing a place like  the Wild Ammonoosuc River at night time with BIG streamers or deer hair mouse flies to catch giant cannibal brown trout, highly technical and also pretty dangerous.  If they survive that then we let them brook fish for the little brook trout with garden hackles.
  If they don't survive we just pass their fishing gear on to the next kid  :innocentwhistle: :biggrin:

Hawks Feather

Quote from: nastygunz on March 19, 2021, 11:18:30 PM
We like to start the kids out fishing a place like  the Wild Ammonoosuc River at night time with BIG streamers or deer hair mouse flies to catch giant cannibal brown trout, highly technical and also pretty dangerous.  If they survive that then we let them brook fish for the little brook trout with garden hackles.
  If they don't survive we just pass their fishing gear on to the next kid  :innocentwhistle: :biggrin:

I have know some kids that I would have loved for you to take fishing.  And there would have been no need to return them if they would have survived.  :alscalls:

nastygunz

Lol,  I think we all know a few kids like that !

msmith

Quote from: Coyotes-R-Us on March 19, 2021, 11:34:38 AM
Sorry . Out here there a dime a dozen. You start your 5-year-old on crick fishing for brookies and a worm. Never lets them down. :congrats:

Not around here. Here you start young'ns out on bluegill with worms and maybe lake stock trout with power bait. Stream trout are tough, even the stockers.
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori