• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Bearman over on PM

Started by Lonehowl, February 16, 2007, 10:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonehowl

uMM.. what happened over on PM with Bearmanric? He's goin off and pumping out calls.
None of my bisness, just wonderin'

FinsnFur

Rick's got some issues, I guess with us...  :shrug:
He means well but gets depressed from time and I'm sure he got a snoot full of Fins and Fur trash talk at the PM hunt.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Brad H

I'm just not sure? I don't think it's about here is it? FnF trash talk at the PM hunt?

It looks like he edited everything over. He was going to leave PM, now he's not.

It looks like they have some really long off topic threads he didn't like over there. Again, I don't know.

Brad

FinsnFur

Good question. I just assumed he run off because he kept misinterpreting the the discussion in here about tone boards. he got pretty heated.

And I know he went to the PM hunt...and I'm sure there were plenty of people down there discussing how big of an ass I am for leaving them the way I did.  :shrug:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Brad H

This looks to have happened just today, Jim.

The trash talking is a good possibility. I don't know though. I'm in none of the loops. I have contacts with access to some loops, but I perfer the weather under the radar.

Brad

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Bopeye

They got us on radar now?  :huh: I guess I'll be dead meat very soon then.... :eyebrownod:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Todd Rahm

I don't think what Ricks doing has anything to do with this place at all. Seems like a bunch a ramblings geared towards the hand call forums.  :confused:

At this point I can only say better PM then FNF.  :biggrin:

Uh, Bop............buddy just give up on ducking the radar, you have to large of a return signal.  :roflmao:

Bopeye

Oh sure......pick on the fat man..... :pout:

It was funny though..... :laf:

CypressSlough

Risk is upset about the use of the hand call forum at PM. A group of friends use it to BS amongst themselves, and he thinks it is the wrong place for it. He is reading more into than should be. He thinks the forum should be strickly for the promotion of call making and not friendships. Sounds like he just needs to roll with the changes and stop acting like it is a direct hit to him and call making. If you didn't have friendships in the call making forums, why have the forums at all. Brian.
www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

Todd Rahm

Cypress,

As long as they are BS'ing about calls I guess they are good to go  :biggrin: and if they are not then Rick has a valid issue............especially if he his charged to use that space.   :shrug:

And unless they changed the rules there,  the hand call forums were strickly for the promotion and how to's of call making, any other post was moved with a quickness.  :shrug:

QuoteIf you didn't have friendships in the call making forums, why have the forums at all.

Maybe they need a "Hand Call, but friends only" forum? I have made more friends then I can count out of those forums, but they were all over discussions about calls and call spinning. (Good frinds too)

CypressSlough

Well that's the problem most of the topics started as call topics and like alot of threads evolve into something else and get off the track of the thread. The hand call forum is the free to speak and show forum for non paying members not looking to sell calls, and that is where the problem has come up. I agree if this was happening in the Custom Callmakers pay-to-play forum, Rick would have a valid point. I'm not even saying Rick has an invalid point. I just think he is going about it the wrong way. When guys start talking about calls and the BS starts to flow things can get out of hand pretty quick and thread focus can change. I understand the different forums are there for a reason. I don't visit PM much anymore because the focus of the forums has changed, but I am not stirring up conflict about it either. Instead, I looked around and found this great group of people. All I am saying is, if you don't like the way things are changing somewhere, move on or help bring the focus back the right way by posting the right kind of topics or talk directly to the moderators about it. Making the wrong comments about something will make you the target of discussions. Brian.
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

Todd Rahm

Very well said Cypress, I like ya already.  :wink:

CypressSlough

Thanks, Todd. I'm loving it here more everyday. I f I could only get some time off work to make some calls to post up, I'll be doing good. Too many folks starting fires in my neck of the woods to get a break. :argh: Brian.
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

Ladobe

Rick has done this regularly on all of the forums he's ran "off and on" ever since I've known him.   So have a few other call makers.   But like all of us, Rick has certain people and/or site policies he doesn't like or agree with, and they can become an issue for him just like they can for the rest of us.   "Issues" is why this board came about, and most of the others out there as well.   How we each handle issues obviously varies a lot though.   When something gets to Rick he usually chooses to move on to another site until something on that one also sends him down the road to the next one.   As it should be as that is his choice.    Rick just needs to learn to simply walk away or take a time out when issues get to him rather than cause a spat when he leaves IMO.   Patterns form a reputation, both good and bad ones, and that rep strongly influences how seriously you are taken by others.   Same with how well you do or do not write.   A lot of what Rick posts is not taken as he intended it I don't feel, and a lot of the "attacks" he feels are directed at him really were not either.

I've known Rick for a few years now, and IMO he is basically a really nice guy that means well.   He tries to continually improve his craft skills (and his calls are showing it), and is very generous - often slipping free extra surprises into packages he ships.   I've had minor issues with Rick in the past, because I didn't make the time or effort to understand him.   But I have finally learned to accept Rick just for who he is.    While many are not, he'd be welcome at my campfire.

L.

USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

Arkyyoter

How very well spoken Ladobe....as you say, your writing can tell others a great deal, not only by the lack of grammatical errors, misspelled words and punctuation, but the tone as well.  Not only is your written word eloquent, in addition,  it appears your heart is in the right place. Kudos... :bowingsmilie:

Joe

Bills Custom Calls

I must confess I was part of what happened over yonder and as it was said it started out as talking about some calls that were made and used and then steered off in a different direction but as soon as the person that started the topic was told that it should be moved to different place it was moved and nothing more said about it but some seem to have issues and that is that.I hope nobody is offended here

Bill
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Bopeye

Quote from: Arkyyoter on February 17, 2007, 08:12:23 PM
How very well spoken Ladobe....as you say, your writing can tell others a great deal, not only by the lack of grammatical errors, misspelled words and punctuation, but the tone as well.  Not only is your written word eloquent, in addition,  it appears your heart is in the right place. Kudos... :bowingsmilie:

Joe

I'll second that sentiment.  :wink:

FinsnFur

Bill!...you bad, bad man  :rolleye:
What were you thinking? :nofgr:

:laf:...I wouldn't worry about it.  :nono: 
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Todd Rahm

Yeah Larry, Rick is always weclome.  :congrats:

bnccont......you'll need do a WHOLE LOT to offend someone on this board, and then again it will be next to impossable to do I think.  :wink: