• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Done some hoggin

Started by Bills Custom Calls, April 12, 2010, 04:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bills Custom Calls

Walked out in the field behind the house this afternoon to find a whistle pig Sure enough one stands up about 150 yards out,well he was just saying hi,then ducked back down.I just had the 22 semi auto rifle and wanted to be closer,so while this hog was busy digging the back entrance to his new found home in the middle of the field,I walked down the hill on the next flat and snuck to about 50yards of him,as he stands up to see where I was I put the cross hairs on him and he went back to work.I watched him work for about 30 seconds and then squeezed the trigger and THUD the pig jumps and lays kicking for a couple seconds and quits moving.I start my journey to collect my kill when he stands up  :confused: then down the front door he goes.I continue my walk around the field then come back to the spot where the first  :innocentwhistle: pig made an escape to watch for him to reappear when I get a greeting from a different part of the field,I put him in the cross hairs and squeeze one off and the gun jams,I do a quick fix and shoot again and again and again as this  tuff lil bugger won't quit dancing around in circles the rifle empty I take off on a fast walk I am gonna finish him off one way or the other.This pig gimping his way to his home I am gaining on him but not fast enough he made it and I didn't,Next time I go out I will be taking the 44 mag

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

pitw

Dang you got more grass there than we grow in the whole season :confused:.  I'd say good job but then both of us would be in for the [L] you'll probably catch for this one :laf:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

HaMeR

I've shot a few with the 22LR & that one just has a hard time dispatching them outside of about 35yds. Especially if they are very big at all. Head shots usually work tho. You'll get some more opportunities.  :eyebrow:

That hay field is coming in nice too. Looks ankle deep already.  :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

I know a guy that uses a 30-06.  You might want to follow Charles' lead.

Jerry

LORDDAL

Quote from: Hawks Feather on April 13, 2010, 12:25:33 PM
I know a guy that uses a 30-06.  You might want to follow Charles' lead.

Jerry
:alscalls: :alscalls: yeah jerry I do like my 30-06 but only casue I cant afford one of these babys to hunt them ferocious pasture  grizz with
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff