• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

2 bears, one bow and one rifle

Started by Okanagan, May 07, 2010, 07:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

The black bear above was taken with a bow after a lengthy stalk.  The hunter is the same friend I wrote about last spring who was after a giant bear he did not get.  This time he moved only when the bear's head was away or behind a tree and put an arrow through the back of its shoulders.  He was hoping it would make Pope & Young.

The bear below is the first for a new hunter, a nice bear.  He used his 7mm Remington Magnum and shot the bear at about 110 yards as it walked slowly broadside.   It managed to run 16 yards before collapsing.  The hit was broadside in the front of chest and shoulder area if I recall the skinning correctly.  He was PUMPED.

I goofed and meant to post the non-hunting live bears in the non-hunting photos section and this in the hunting.  Oh well.  We're pretty much all hunters much here.

Todd Rahm

Nice Bears. The first one has a nice head on it and the first is always a good'n.  :biggrin:

FinsnFur

That awesome. :congrats: Excellent pics to boot, thanks for sharing them.
Were you guiding or just friends of yours?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

Scott

Yotehntr

:congrats:  Great post, man that looks like fun.   
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

Okanagan

Quote from: FinsnFur on May 07, 2010, 09:31:00 PM
That awesome. :congrats: Excellent pics to boot, thanks for sharing them.
Were you guiding or just friends of yours?

It was all friends, all resident hunters, and the more experienced men helped along the newbies.  A few of us didn't hunt and only came for the fun and some fishing.  All of us were rooting for the youngest fellow to get a bear.  He went with me the first evening and my super bear hunter long time friend took him the next day and he killed a bear about 10:00 AM.  It is hard to imagine the number of bears.  I've also got a cougar calling story to post here sometime.   We got into an amazing run of game.