• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

"The Grey Ghost"...

Started by HuntnCarve, July 06, 2010, 11:16:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuntnCarve

I've had my eye on HH1 for the past week and a half,  after seeing fresh diggings.  So I suspected we had an occupant?
My suspicions were confirmed a few days back when I looked out and saw a "Grey" hog sitting blatantly on the edge of the hole.  Unfortunately, in my haste to eradicate the varmint.  I pulled the shot and missed.  Said hog went running off into the corn field without a scratch...I figured he would be back, undoubtedly having forgotten his luggage in his rush to vacate the premises.  A day ago I thought I saw his ghostly apparition slinking into the burrow one evening?  But he never showed himself top ground...
Well to my delight this morning, I observed said grey ghost standing upright boldly atop the hole.  I was ready this time, as the Mossberg was handily propped in the corner,  it's magazine chocked full of .22 CB's.  Easing the door open, I rested the rifle against the door frame and obtained my target in the scope.  Holding on his right ear hole, I touched one off.  A melodic "Plop" echoed back to me, as the hog collapsed like he was pole axed!  His tail came bolt upright in a final salute.  And with a final kick, he rolled down off the observation deck, into the weeds below.  The little slug had sailed clean through one ear, and out the other.  The Ghostbuster had triumphed once again!  No.7 is on the books!

HuntnCarve
Dave

KySongDog

I enjoy reading your tales of the HH wars.    :laf:   Another great story!   :highclap:

Todd Rahm

vvarmitr

Wacken & stacken g'hogs & don't even leave the house!  :rolleye:

Another gran story Dave!  :biggrin:

Bills Custom Calls

Way to go Dave  :yoyo: Thanks for the story

I haven't posted any pics but I have gotten 5 out of the basement door in the front yard this year so far.
I haven't seen any for a week or so,might be time again for one to pass through  :wink:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

HaMeR

Blatantly AND boldly!!  :laf: :laf:  Glad you got that little bugger too Dave!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Carolina Coyote

:yahoo: :yahoo: Now you gonna have to go down and clean out his luggage to make room for the next one.  :hahaha:  :hahaha:  :hahaha: cc

weedwalker

Way to go Dave. :yoyo: I bet he never heard it coming. :nono:

FinsnFur

Quote from: HuntnCarve on July 06, 2010, 11:16:22 AM
A melodic "Plop" echoed back to me, as the hog collapsed like he was pole axed!  His tail came bolt upright in a final salute.  And with a final kick, he rolled down off the observation deck, into the weeds below. 

HuntnCarve
Dave

:alscalls: I almost wept. It was like.....a song.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Dang your talented with a key pad too. :biggrin:   Great job :bowingsmilie:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

nastygunz

That....was.....Beautiful, man :highclap: