• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

concealed Carry

Started by johnoh, November 03, 2010, 02:55:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Interesting. :eyebrow:

I've already convinced myself that carrying ALL the time just isnt going to be practical. For a couple reasons.
1st being that I cannot stand toting things around in my pockets. When I get to work, I throw my keys, cellphone, and sometimes billfold on the desk, and then go out on the floor to work. I refused to carry a billfold until I was 22yrs old. I just hated that stuff in my pockets. Money went in a money clip and everything else stayed home. The floor of my vehicle was covered with change cause I didnt want it in my pocket. :doh2: :laf:
So I'm not 100% looking forward to having a handgun grinding on me.

The other reason I'm convinced I wont be carrying ALL the time is the fact that I live in such a small community. Population 700 and most of that is cattle I swear.
I've lived here for almost 20 years now and cant think of one time I wish I had a gun except when the squirrels found my bird feeder. And even then I was in the house where the guns were. LOL

The times I think I'm going to want to carry is when I'm leaving my little fairytale secure community. LOL
I've been approached by blacks in Madison before asking if I wanted to buy various drugs and or weapons, it's a scary place to be sometimes. And the thought of me being there to pick up my kids, makes my stomach grind to this day. I want to think I will be prepared now.

The revolvers kind of turn me off cause there again were talking about even the slightest increase in size due to that cylinder and I'm already whining about size :laf:
Who knows, I might even get a few months or years under my belt and change my mind on that.

Good info guys :eyebrownod:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Jim,

Maybe you can find someone to make you a necklace to carry your pistol.  That way you can have it with you and still not have anything in your pockets.  Just a thought.

Jerry

P.S.  I think something with sequins in various colors would be nice.

slagmaker

It may be a advertisement in a magazine but the statement holds true.

"Carring a gun isn't supposed to be comfortable it is supposed to be comforting."

That being said you still want it as comfortable as possible.  I still haven't found a perfectly comfortable way to carry my J-frame. I do like the grip clip thingy that Semp posted about. But being left handed cuts way back on my options.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

FinsnFur

Quote from: Hawks Feather on November 29, 2011, 08:11:16 AM
Jim,

Maybe you can find someone to make you a necklace to carry your pistol.  That way you can have it with you and still not have anything in your pockets.  Just a thought.

Jerry

P.S.  I think something with sequins in various colors would be nice.

Jerry you gotta get Stanley off your mind. :laf:

Slag....thats definitely a good way to put it. :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nastygunz

Pocket holsters are pretty sweeeeettt...when I am in my rig I put my gun on the passenger seat with a ball cap over it..move my hand down low n inches and shes fulla S&W shooting iron :yoyo:

http://www.desantisholster.com/store/SEARCH-BY-HOLSTER-OR-ACCESSORY/POCKET-HOLSTERS

FinsnFur

Thats the second time I've seen that link, which already says something about them. :wink:
And I do agree. I can see one of those being real comfy :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nastygunz

+ with a real metal revolver if you run out of shots you can take that real metal revolver and beat the shiite out of your assailant with it...which if you think about the common term "pistol whipped" most handgun whippings are with revolvers, not pistols so it might be correcter to say "revolver whipped" :wo:..kind of like the magazine/clip thing :shrug:...whilst not having any experience whipping an assailant with a polymer handgun I would tend to think a Glock Whipping might be less damaging then a Ruger Blackhawk Whipping...however if one was dead set bent on doling out a pistol whipping, I would think the Magnum Research Desert Eagle might make a fine pistol whipping pistol...of course the venerable and legendary 1911 would also make a fine whipping pistol and could even, perhaps been the catalyst for the "pistol whipped" scenario as I am sure at one time or another enemies of the USA had a GI or 2 whup them upside the head with a 1911... :wo:

nastygunz

Id also throw the Kel Tec PMR-30 out there, light, pretty flat, 30 rounds of .22 magnum, that's alot of quick firepower in your pocket :yoyo:

FinsnFur

Quote from: nastygunz on November 30, 2011, 06:39:33 PM
I would think the Magnum Research Desert Eagle might make a fine pistol whipping pistol

The first pistol I ever owned was Desert Eagle. Bought it brand spanking new in 1985 from my favorite sporting goods store for $800 bucks. Mannnnnnn I loved that thing, and it was a brute of a gun for a lil 357.
Hit hard times when I moved my fresh bride and our first born, out of the city and had to sell it. :sad:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

vvarmitr

http://www.keltecweapons.com/our-guns/pistols/pmr-30/
Now that's what I'm talkin' about!  :eyebrow:
That would give a whole new meaning to the term "gang banging."  :eyebrownod:
And if ya had another full 30rd clip; that's 60rds of ammo. You'd be like a cowboy in the old movies & never reload your gun!  :hellyeah:
I remember the Grendel w/ the 30rd clip. Man I wanted one of those!!!  ;yes;

straycat

"If you're going to be a smartass, you'd better start by being smart before you start being an ass."

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

FinsnFur

Ho! leeee krap...look what the cat drug in.  Another cat :alscalls:
Where you been hiding Stray?...over at PM?

Looks like you found the same website I did when I was surfing for holsters.
But your right that looks like it might be the right ticket...but I need a little more info like, where's she from and do you have a picture of her face?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers