• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Put one in Yote Yoda's lap

Started by possumal, October 03, 2011, 06:09:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

possumal

Possumal and Yote Yoda met a farmer over in Anderson County day before yesterday at a service station, and he was admiring the two coyotes we had in the truck.  Come to find out, he owned the land that joins the place we called in 5 and got those 2.  He was real enthusiastic about us coming over to his place as he was having lots of trouble with coyotes and his calves, deer, and turkey.  So we went back over there late yesterday, and made one stand with no customers, so we picked out a ridge with a lot of bushes and weeds scattered here and there that had lots of feeder hollows running off it down to the main hollow, and got back to back in our little chairs, with my CS-24 hidden about 50 yds in front of me.  When visibility had gotten so poor we could hardly see, Yoda hit his squeaker real easy and I knew the game was on.  Not sure how many slipped up a brushy draw but one nice male was just about in old YY's lap.  His JP barked with a resounding whap, and another one had bitten the dust.  Obviously last year's pup, but a beautiful 34 lb. specimen, well furred out.  Here is a picture of the young feller after the dirty deed.

Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Hawks Feather

Nice write up and congratulations on another coyote.

Jerry