• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

2011 Blennerhassett Friends of NRA Banquet

Started by Frogman, November 09, 2011, 08:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

Guys,

Our third annual Blennerhassett Friends of the NRA banquet was held here in Parkersburg on Friday evening October 28.  I thought I would share some pictures with you.

Committee members at the check in table.

Some of the attendees checking out some of the prizes and auction items.

Jim Kilgore, our regional NRA rep explaining the games and auction.

Some of the prizes available.  The NRA Gun of the Year the Colt 1911 went at auction for $2400.00 and was sponsored by our gun club the Ft. Boreman Rifle Club.

The auctioneer conducting the auction.

Attendees enjoying our fine meal.

We had about 170 attendees this year and raised nearly $15,000 for the Friends of NRA.  The Friends is the non profit arm of the NRA.  50% of the money raised comes back to our state as grants for local organizations for the promotion of the shooting sports.  The other 50 % is used at the national level for similar purposes.  The Refuse to be a Victim, Eddie Eagle Gun Safety Program, shooting range improvements and other youth programs benefit from these funds on the national level.  Locally our Wood and Wirt 4-H programs received funds for their youth shooting programs last year and hopefull again this year as well as the Boy Scouts.

These fund raising banquets are held all over the country.  Please support and attend the one in your area!!  It's a fun event and a good cause!!

Jim 
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

iahntr

Looks like a nice banquet,
and a nice chunk a change raised too !  :congrats:
Scott

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Frogman

Jim,

It was a NRA Centennial Edition with gold inlays and engraving.  A collector's type gun.  I sure can't afford anything like that.  All my guns are shooters!?!?

We had an NRA tri-cycle that sold at the auction for $215.00!!  I guess a lot of these people want to support a good cause!  We sure are thankful for them!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

FinsnFur

I'm hearing ya. It's definitely going to a good cause.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com