• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

"Double or Nothing"

Started by HuntnCarve, May 03, 2012, 01:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuntnCarve

[Above:  View from window]

[Above: Zoomed in a little on hog   ]

[Belly up!]

Just so happened I was looking out the bedroom window out onto the oat field below, when I saw what appeared to be a twitching motion about 50 yards out?  Whatever it was it appeared to be moving away through the sprouting oats.  On a hunch, I grabbed the .22 and opened the window.  “Well I’ll be danged!”  It was two hogs apparently heading for a honeymoon retreat across the field.  Their tails erect and twitching, as they moved single file (nose to tail) across the field. 
   I was quickly able to deduce that the female was in the lead and her would be suitor was looking for an opportunity to make a move.  Fate had other plans.  For as soon as the big female stopped in an opening I locked the crosshairs right behind her shoulder and squeezed off a round.  At the slugs impact she wheeled around and hunched up facing the bewildered male?  I can only imagine him saying “Hey, I haven’t done anything yet?”  Chambering another round, I saw her collapse onto her side.  I now turned my attention towards the male.  He had at this time wheeled around and took a few steps back.  I quickly aimed on his shoulder and fired a round.  He collapsed and rolled right down into the ditch out of view, obviously hit hard.  Checking on the female, I observed her belly up.  Game, set, match!
   I apologize for the grainy photo.  I didn’t dare try and trek across the muddy field, least I damage the farmers oats.  I guarantee the fox and buzzards will be singing my praises before the evenings out!
This makes No.4 and No.5 for the year.
Good Hunting!

HuntnCarve
Dave

Hawks Feather

Dave,

It would seem that you have killed some hog pleasure.   :biggrin:

Jerry

FinsnFur

We need to come up with a new nick name for Dave :biggrin:

Nice work by the way Dave.  :congrats: :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Quote from: FinsnFur on May 03, 2012, 04:07:41 PM
We need to come up with a new nick name for Dave :biggrin:

The Hog-inator      :rolleye:

Todd Rahm

I like that one Jerry!!!!  Cool Dave I mean Hoginator, how many notches in the stock so far this year?   :biggrin:

HuntnCarve

You guys!   :laf:

Just got five notches so far Todd.  :sad:  I'm hoping the annual migration routes (like the caribou) will swing down this way and really boost my numbers?  :alscalls:

Dave

Hawks Feather

Quote from: HuntnCarve on May 04, 2012, 02:51:21 PM
You guys!   :laf:

Just got five notches so far Todd.  :sad:  I'm hoping the annual migration routes (like the caribou) will swing down this way and really boost my numbers?  :alscalls:

Dave   The Hoginator

HaMeR

:laf: :laf: The Hoginator strikes again!!!!!!!!! AND AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

weedwalker

What are you doing up there Dave? Baiting them in? Seems like you have a never ending supply of them. :eyebrownod:

HuntnCarve

Hey Ed, you're known as the "Coyote Magnet".  Guess I can be the Hog magnet?  That's about the only way to explain it?  :laf:

Dave

FinsnFur

Quote from: HuntnCarve on May 05, 2012, 05:07:25 PM
Hey Ed, you're known as the "Coyote Magnet".  Guess I can be the Hoginator?  That's about the only way to explain it?  :laf:

Dave   The Hoginator

:eyebrownod: :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com