• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

1st Kill/Crosman .1322!

Started by nastygunz, July 25, 2012, 06:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

I was set up on the edge of a cornfield it was about 80 degrees, fairly strong crosswind blowing, a dryish heat, not very humid...the weapon of choice?..the Crosman .1322 air pistol, using Crosman hollow point pellets...I surveilled my AO for movement of game...spotted a slight movement in a small patch of grass adjacent to the corn field and focused my focus on it....I went into stalk mode and slowly worked my way to the movement area...wind was crosswind...no worries about a scent cone spooking the target....when I had closed the gap to about 8 feet I had the critter in my sights...I slowly popped the safety off and slid into my Weaver stance as smooth as an Alabama black snake coated in hog lard....I lined up my rear sight with the bright orange front sight...drew in and held my breath to stabilize my thoracic region...then slowly squeezed the trigger being careful to maintain and not jerk the sight off target...I heard a satisfying POP...when the .1322 unleashed the hellfire,and saw the Target go into a spasmodic dance of death in the short grass...I waited until all was still and then approached and claimed my prize...not to brag...but I will...a little...the head shot, which I prefer when meat hunting, will enable me to get some great roasts and stew meat from this trophy!:

Hawks Feather

Nice kill, but not much there to eat!   :innocentwhistle:

Actually it was a fun read.

Jerry

FinsnFur

:alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: ARE YOU SERIOUS?!
Actually I'm gonna give you this one cause I havent bloodied mine yet. But it's not from lack of trying
I took the screen out of the bedroom window and am watching though.

Congrats on the harvest.  :yoyo: You gonna make a sub sandwich with it or have it mounted on a tall blade of grass?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HuntnCarve

Good shootin Nasty!  That pellet (14.3g) probably weighed more than that tabacco spitter. :laf:  Good not to be undergunned in a situation like that!

Dave

nastygunz

Quote from: HuntnCarve on July 25, 2012, 06:53:47 PM
Good shootin Nasty!  That pellet (14.3g) probably weighed more than that tabacco spitter. :laf:  Good not to be undergunned in a situation like that!

Dave

I was ready if I only winged him (no pun intended :innocentwhistle:) and having only 1 shot, I was going for the Buck knife :yoyo:

nastygunz

WTHHHHHHHHHHH Jimbo, insect hunting is 75% of the reason for owning an airgun :yoyo:...no season or limit..endless variety, I especially like busting the hornets that keep trying to build in my stonewalls :argh:...let me be clear though....yellow-jackets are best hunted from a long ways off with a scope trust me on that one...  :whew:

FinsnFur

Stone walls.....pellet gun   :doh2: :alscalls:

Actually getting those yellow jackets to set still would suck enough.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

coyote101

Nice shooting Nasty. Good thinking going for the head shot, those things are hard to track in tall grass.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

Quote from: coyote101 on July 25, 2012, 09:23:27 PM
Nice shooting Nasty. Good thinking going for the head shot, those things are hard to track in tall grass.

Pat

:doh2: :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nastygunz

Pat

:alscalls: :wink:

FOsteology

+1

:biggrin: