• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Huntress scores!!

Started by HaMeR, April 16, 2013, 10:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HaMeR

Went out Sunday afternoon for a little ride. Just so happens that the Huntress had her faithful companion & sidekick with her!! Her 221 FireBall!! As we drove along the gravel road I seen this hog running for the hole. We made the hard left turn into the muddy field & pulled up far enough we didn't have to walk in it. LOL  Diane got out & set her monopod & chair up in front of the truck & I stayed put behind the wheel so as to not spook it anymore. After a few minutes of waiting for it to come back out the 2nd time,, a passing car spooked it back into the weeds,, Diane settled the crosshairs & sent a 50gr BK sailing into it's neck!! I watched the dust fly off it's shoulders as it rolled over stone cold dead!! 140 yds.

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

HuntnCarve

Way to go Diane!  The 2013 season is underway...

Glen, I'm sorry to see you've been replaced as her "faithful companion and side kick"..But a .221 Fireball is a fine replacement.  :laf:

Dave

bigben

What is the fireball chambered in. Good shot of a monopod.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Hawks Feather

Tell her I said congrats on the groundhog and that it was not YOUR turn to get to shoot one. 

Ben - the .221 Fireball is basically a .223 case that has been shortened from the .223's 1.760 length to 1.40.  There are also a very slight differences in the angles at the shoulder, but you can get the idea.  It is a great little round that Remington used in the XP-100.  It uses normal .224 bullets.  I have a rifle chambered in it and love it for shots around here since most of the shots are under 300 yards.

Jerry

JohnP

Congratulations to "The Huntress"  Is that fireball in a XP or a real rifle?
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

gravesco hunter

Congrats on the harvest,they are as rare as hens teeth around here

FinsnFur

I feel like chick chick chicken tongihhhht!  :jump:

Is it true they taste like chicken?
Nice shooting princess Di :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

I tried one once.  Put it on the grill and it dried out and ended up like a rock.

Jerry

bigben

Quote from: Hawks Feather on April 16, 2013, 02:56:23 PM
Tell her I said congrats on the groundhog and that it was not YOUR turn to get to shoot one. 

Ben - the .221 Fireball is basically a .223 case that has been shortened from the .223's 1.760 length to 1.40.  There are also a very slight differences in the angles at the shoulder, but you can get the idea.  It is a great little round that Remington used in the XP-100.  It uses normal .224 bullets.  I have a rifle chambered in it and love it for shots around here since most of the shots are under 300 yards.

Jerry

Yeah i did not word that right. I wanted to know what johnp asked. Dad has one in a contender.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

HaMeR

Thanks Frogman!! I forgot you had your own name for Diane!!  :doh2:   :laf: :laf:

HnC-- Yeah I been replaced. But not completely. Seems that little 221 can't drive the truck!!  :nono: :nono:

Thanks Ben!! That's a CZ American.  :biggrin: :biggrin:

Thanks Jerry!! I let her shoot most of them anymore. She really enjoys it & is better at it than I am.  :yoyo: :yoyo:

Mr. John!! Thanks!! That's a little CZ American!! It''s a lights out shooter. 3rd handload was under a 1/2" & I stopped there.  :biggrin: :biggrin:

Thanks gravesco!! We do have some fields like that around here as well. Seems the coyotes like em too.  :laf: :laf:

Jim-- The way Mom used to make them they didn't taste like chicken. More like rabbit I always thought. Di likes her new nickname too!!  :laf: :laf:

Ben-- My Brother has a 14" Contender in 221. Maaaannnnnn does that thing shoot!!!!!!! He shoots 1/2" groups all the time at 100yds off the bags with a 6x Leupold.  That little round is a pure joy to shoot!!
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11