• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Got him

Started by KySongDog, April 18, 2013, 07:12:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KySongDog

This little guy has been doing midnight raids against my homestead.  :eyebrownod:  But I finally got him last night.  It is amazing what these critters can get in to.   I took him for a little ride and dropped him off in the river bottoms.  If he comes back I'll be surprised.   :laf:

Dave

Haha!  That looks so familiar.  I had a family raiding my chicken coop last year.  I trapped about 4-5 of them and did the same as you - carted them off to witness relocation (I actually let mine go, though, as my daughter came along four the ride and didn't trust me  :shrug: .  Believe it or not they were eating the chicken food, not the chickens!
I hope your guy was working alone, Semp! Did you bait the trap?  and what was he getting into?

KySongDog

He was raiding the garbage cans even though I had the tops strapped down with bungee cord.  He figured out how to pry the lid slightly to the side and proceed to make a mess.   :laf:    I baited the trap with some cat food. 

Hidehunter

Iv had 2 for pets and learned that if they want into somethin....its hard to keep them out.

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

Denver                                           

Hawks Feather

Way to go!  I have also heard that cats can not hold their breath for over 15 minutes.

Jerry

JohnP

Quote from: Hidehunter on April 18, 2013, 09:27:07 AM
Iv had 2 for pets and learned that if they want into somethin....its hard to keep them out.

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

I too had one for a pet as a youngster.  Whenever he did something to make me mad I would give him a sugar lump.  Then watch him run to his water dish and start to wash it.  I can still see the expression on his face when it suddenly disappeared.  I'm not sure but I think my dad done him in when our chickens started to disappear......Not to many of them around here, but plenty down on the rivers.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FinsnFur

Nice trap line Semp :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com