• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Diane's competition

Started by Dave, April 23, 2013, 07:32:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

HaMer, tell Diane she's got some competition.  And like you, I have been reduced to merely a sidekick spotter  :pout:

This one was shot from an elevated perch at about 90 yards with a .17 HMR (also was informed that the upstairs
bathroom window latch needs to be worked on as it almost cost him a shot!)

Look at the choppers on this guy

KySongDog

Nice one!  I'd be smiling ear to ear too!  Somebody taught him how to use that rifle well.   :congrats:

HuntnCarve

That's a beefy one.  Way to go Dante!  I think I warned your dad about fixing that bathroom window a while back?   :laf: Now that you've mastered the "squeaky latch shot"...It's time to have your dad teach you the "Hold back two dogs with one foot, while taking the shot from the door way shot".. :wink:

Dave

Hawks Feather

Nice big old groundhog and from 90 yards a good shot.  You must have been listening to Dave.  Not the Dave at home, but the real Dave - HuntnCarve.  He is the only one that I know that can make shots like you just made out a window, screen door, laying down and shooting between slats in a fence (I made that last one up, but he has probably done it). 

Jerry

HuntnCarve

Jerry,

What you don't realize is that I had a small hand in training Dante how to shoot way back when he was six years old.  I have some photos somewhere around here of that day.  Even back then I could sense that he was going to become quite the outdoorsman.  You just recognize natural talent when you see it, no matter how young.  It's refreshing to find a young person that listens, and practices safe gun handling to boot.  He's far exceeded my accomplishments in the field.  And the day is coming when he will exceed that of his father's.  I personally could not be prouder of the young man.   :congrats:

HuntnCarve
Dave

Dave

Thanks Dave and Semp.    Jerry, though, "the real Dave?" 

FinsnFur

Nice one Dante! :yoyo:
Dave did you tell him tradition is, he has to bite the head off the first one?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Quote from: FinsnFur on April 23, 2013, 04:51:31 PM
Dave did you tell him tradition is, he has to bite the head off the first one?

Lucky for most of us that this is a tradition that has just recently started.

Jerry

P.S.  "the real Dave?"  I only repeat things that I have been told by HuntnCarbe to be true.    :wink:

JohnP

Nice shooting, big hog!  Seems like you have had a couple of good guys showing you the way.  I'll bet that you can probably out shoot both of them. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

HaMeR

Way to go Dante!! And with the 17HaMeR too!!!!!!!!!!   :yoyo: :yoyo:  Don't let anybody fool you about how the HMR just won't be any good for anything bigger than a mouse.  :laf: :laf:  Now if you could just get your dear old Dad to start videoing those shots!!  :biggrin: :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11