• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Playing the odds...

Started by HuntnCarve, May 27, 2013, 02:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuntnCarve

The neighbor had piled some rocks around his shed to try and thwart small varmints from seeking sanctuary underneath the structure.  From my deck next door I was able to determine that said rocks had been disturbed?  Playing the odds, I pulled out the .22 and set up a stake out.  Momentarily distracted watching a mother robin feeding her fledged youngster, I cast a casual glance over to the corner of the shed. "What the hell is that?" I caught myself saying.  A very large, greyish blob was hunkered down on the railroad tie just off the corner of the shed.  Figuring it was one of the stray cats I've been seeing, I picked up my binos and focused on in... Whoa Nelly!  I found myself in a stare down with a whopper hog!  Slowly putting down the binos, I replaced them with the rifle.  The grey behemoth was nonchalantly looking my way giving me a head on profile.  He then cocked his head a tab bit to the side trying to deduce whether or not he should vacate the premises?  I quickly placed the center of the crosshairs right on his eye, and squeezed off a shot.  I immediately noticed a bright red dot appear right where the crosshair had settled.  The hog rocked back slightly, then slowly rolled down the bank.  I yelled for the Mrs. to come on out and check out the size of this critter.  She obliged by offering to get the camera.  Said the neighbor will appreciate  me permanently punching this hogs ticket to the garden buffet planted mere yards away. All in a days work! 
It was a big Ol boar hog.  Number 5 for the year so far. He was scarred up pretty good.  So he must have been running with a tough crowd.  In the meantime, I'll keep up the neighborhood watch in case any of his buddies show up. 

Good Hunting!

HuntnCarve
Dave

gravesco hunter

Man i used to enjoy hunting them hogs,but they are so few around here any more it aint worth the trouble

Hawks Feather

Dave,

Good shot and I always enjoy reading about your safaris into the deepest and darkest places around. 

Jerry

Dave

The stick and the glove?
Job well done, my friend.

FinsnFur

I woulda used a much bigger stick then that Dave. I mean seriously look at the size of those nuts! :sad3: :sick2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Quote from: FinsnFur on May 27, 2013, 08:24:11 PM
I mean seriously look at the size of those nuts! :sad3: :sick2:

I think that is a leg!    :alscalls:

Jerry

HuntnCarve

Yeah Jim, that's a leg.  Looked hairless (mange?), thus the gloves.  The stick was "preventative medicine".  :laf:

Dave

HaMeR

I bet that 22 slug beat a sharp stick to the eye!!  :laf: :laf:  Good shooting once again Dave!! I'm glad you're not my neighbor. I would never get a shot!!  :nono: :nono:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

Well I wish my nuts were the size of my leg :doh2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Quote from: FinsnFur on May 28, 2013, 07:51:04 PM

No you don't.  If you really had that you would not be able to walk and probably would be a freak in the side show circus.

Jerry

gravesco hunter

HaMeR

Quote from: FinsnFur on May 28, 2013, 07:51:04 PM

:confused: Well maybe in a warmer climate they would be!!  Just sayin.  :alscalls: :alscalls:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

JohnP

Good shooting Dave and as always an excellent narrative.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs