• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Hog on the Door step...

Started by HuntnCarve, July 20, 2013, 01:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuntnCarve

â€œDave!  Come here right now!” my wife yelled from the family room.  Scrambling out of the shop, I could not help but think “what kind of trouble am I in now?”  The wife was sitting on the sofa, book in hand, gazing out the patio door.  “Right there” she said, not taking her gaze off the glass door.  Lo and behold, there was a full grown chuck locked in a stare down with her just on the other side of the glass.   Whispering words of advice to watch what direction he may go?  I ran up the stairs, grabbed the .22 and slipped out onto the deck above.  The hog must have lost the stare down contest, for he was in the process of bolting across the back lawn towards the garden.  Foolishly, he paused atop the wooden steps to the terrace below, giving me just enough time to quickly place the crosshairs on his ear and squeeze off a shot.  “Plop!”  The hog collapsed, then rolled onto his side.  Quickly I fired another shot into his chest as he kicked.  Didn’t want this one escaping.  He managed to flip off the step and down to the terrace below, where I found him sprawled out on his back.  Game, set, match!
Having heard the shots, the wife came outside to check out the results.  She graciously offered to take a “hero” shot with the camera.  She even snuck in a shot of me tossing the hog into the woods below.  Where I guarantee it will be in a fox’s belly by night fall.
So all’s well that ends well.  A pesky varmint is removed (Hog #7).  I am not in any sort of trouble. “Whew!”  And my wife is pleased that this hog is eliminated, and will not be in her garden.  As I write this, my wife has just set a piece of homemade chocolate cake, and a cup of coffee in front of me.  Yes, life is good!

Good hunting to All!

HuntnCarve
Dave

coyote101

Nice one Dave.  :highclap: It's always good to keep the wife happy.  :biggrin:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Carolina Coyote

Got a real good giggle out of this one, how dare them Hogs come up on the porch and dare the the KILLER. You taught him a lesson. :laf: :laf: :laf: :laf: :laf:cc

HuntnCarve

Carl,

Glad we don't have the kind of "hogs" you have down your way.  If we did, I'm sure the wife would be handling matters on her own, converting them into pulled pork.  :laf:

This scenario has happened a time or two.  I think the males are on the move looking for females.  In this case, he spied the wrong species, and she took offense.  :laf:

Dave

HaMeR

:holdon: Talk about a near compound security breech!!!!!!!!! My goodness you folks are lucky to be alive!!!!! Why that monster coulda done ate all yer vittles out the garden!!!!!!!  :whew: :whew:  I know you see this as all fun & games but I think NOW you realize the severity of allowing those garden munchers so much free range!! I must commend you on the magnificent stalk across the carpeted terrain that you put on this one!!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:

And what about that spotter eh?? Mrs. HuntnCarve can peruse the bean & hay fields of Ohio with Diane & I anytime!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:

Great job of eradicating that pesky hog!!  :eyebrow: :eyebrow:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

Next thing you know you will have them under your house and you will have Honey Hole #3.    :alscalls:      :alscalls:

Jerry

shaddragger

:biggrin: I absolutely love these stories Dave! Silly whistlepig, you done messed up big time!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

Dave

Nice Dave!  Looks like you have to clean the upper deck of blood now.
Also, I really like homemade chocolate cake. Why'd you have to throw that in there?  :shrug:

nailbender

FinsnFur

Quote from: Hawks Feather on July 20, 2013, 07:03:31 PM
Next thing you know you will have them under your house and you will have Honey Hole #3.    :alscalls:      :alscalls:

Jerry

That one almost made me spray BudLight and Chex mix :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com