• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Early Morning Hog...

Started by HuntnCarve, July 22, 2013, 06:39:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuntnCarve

I hadn't even got my first cup of coffee in me when I spotted this hog doing a little excavating over at the neighbors shed.  The .22 was handy, so it was a matter of sliding open the deck door, and taking a rest against the frame.  Had to double check that the elevation was high enough to clear the deck rail. "We're good!"  The hog at this time knew something ominous was about to go down?  So he obligingly crawled up along side a railroad tie, and gave me the stink eye!  With a safe back stop now secured, I placed the crosshairs on his ear and touched off a round.  "Plop!"  The hog wilted on the spot.  His back legs stretched out behind him, then gave a few spasmodic kicks.  But it was all for not.  His Central control system was deader than Jim's Ford on a river bank. :eyebrow: 
About the time I went over for the retrieval, the neighbors wife stepped out onto the deck to check on her plants.  She mildly cursed the hog, and placed the blame on him for stripping one of her tomato plants the day before.  I offered her the chuck for retribution, but she quickly declined.  Told me the fox will enjoy him much more..
Well, my coffee is now cold.  But my job is done here.  Until the next one...

May the back yards, err "pastures" be good to you!

HuntnCarve
Dave

Dave

When will they learn NOT to give the 'stink eye?'  Nice job and good timing with the neighbor!

coyote101

Quote from: HuntnCarve on July 22, 2013, 06:39:29 AM
His Central control system was deader than Jim's Ford on a river bank. :eyebrow: 

Now that's some funny stuff.  :alscalls: :alscalls:
Congratulations on helping the neighbor out.  :congrats: :congrats:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Hawks Feather

Quote from: coyote101 on July 22, 2013, 07:52:24 AM
Quote from: HuntnCarve on July 22, 2013, 06:39:29 AM
His Central control system was deader than Jim's Ford on a river bank. :eyebrow: 

Now that's some funny stuff.  :alscalls: :alscalls:
Congratulations on helping the neighbor out.  :congrats: :congrats:

Pat

I don't think I could make a better post, so I will just copy it.

Jerry

HaMeR

:laugh2: :laugh2:  at the Found On Riverbank Dead comment!!!!!!!  :alscalls: :alscalls:

Way to keep slappin those hogs upside the cranium Dave!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

shaddragger

:alscalls: :alscalls: Drilled him right in the ignition switch! BAHAHAHA!!! :nono:
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

coyote101

Quote from: shaddragger on July 22, 2013, 07:21:16 PM
:alscalls: :alscalls: Drilled him right in the ignition switch! BAHAHAHA!!! :nono:

You guys are killin me!  :alscalls: :alscalls:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

shaddragger

Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

coyote101

Don't get him STARTED you guys.  :eyebrownod:

Pat
NRA Life Member

HaMeR

Quote from: coyote101 on July 22, 2013, 08:10:11 PM
Don't get him STARTED you guys.  :eyebrownod:

Pat

Yeah what Pat said!!  :hahaha:  He's already "keyed" up over that darned truck!!
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11